Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Class groupings for I.T. fest (a.k.a. I.T.SPEC*tacular)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    622

    Default Class groupings for I.T. fest (a.k.a. I.T.SPEC*tacular)

    O.K. gang it's time to set the race groups so here is my thinking. Any suggestions?

    1. ITR, STU
    2. ITA, IT7, ITC
    3. To Be announced
    4. ITS, ITB
    5. ITE, TCC, STO, GTA
    6. SM, SSM

    race group #3 is still up in the air and will not be resolved till Jan. 18th


    Todd

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Just curious - is the grouping of B with S (instead of A and S for instance) and the like just due to evening out the size of the groups?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    works for me Todd.

    i am assuming the S with B, etc., is to keep the faster B's from running with the A's and the faster A's from running with the S's (or beating them......)
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    Running ITS with ITB and ITA/7 with ITC is to purposely create a situation where there will be little overlap between the front of the "slower" class and the back of the "faster" class, effectively keeping people out of other people races who don't belong there. Combine that with the possibility of a split start, and I think it's been working quite well.


    They look good to me, Todd!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    O.K. gang it's time to set the race groups so here is my thinking. Any suggestions?

    1. ITR, STU
    2. ITA, IT7, ITC
    3. To Be announced
    4. ITS, ITB
    5. ITE, TCC, STO, GTA
    6. SM, SSM

    race group #3 is still up in the air and will not be resolved till Jan. 18th


    Todd
    Not that I'll be able to be there, but here's something you might want to consider. Due to the allowance for IT cars in STU, the majority of STU cars would come from ITR. So you may consider grouping ITR with another class/category. Maybe STO would work better, make ITR the slow group, and run STU with ITE.

    James
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 01-11-2009 at 10:30 PM.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ligonier, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    What's STU?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Arlington, VA USA
    Posts
    515

    Default

    See pg. 379 of your brandy new '09 GCR.

    BTW, the groupings look good to me.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Grove City, OH, USA
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    ITB with ITS (split start) is fine with me - worked well last year. Group 4 is OK as well.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    Not that I'll be able to be there, but here's something you might want to consider. Due to the allowance for IT cars in STU, the majority of STU cars would come from ITR. So you may consider grouping ITR with another class/category. Maybe STO would work better, make ITR the slow group, and run STU with ITE.

    James
    Food for thought. My take is that STU can run anything under 2499 c.c.'s which would mean ITR for the most part would be the faster class. I think..... anyhow for Dan's benefit. STU and STO were created from the old BP/DP classes. The concept is to give other race organization participants a chance to race with us. I bet you can guess what organization that is.

    Todd

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Any chance/possibility of breaking out ITE in to ITO/ITU just like you're doing with Super Touring (like they did at the ARRC)? ITO could run with exisitng group 5 (TCC, STO, GTA) and ITU with group 1 (ITR, STU). There are some of us in ITE with smaller displacement, lower horsepower engines that would enjoy the MUCH closer competition of ITR/STU vs. TCC/STO/GTA.

    ITO/ITU could be broken down by the same c.c. and/or horsepower limits as STO/STU.

    Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by dhardison; 01-12-2009 at 09:21 AM.
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,349

    Default

    I looked for one thing...and it wasn't there. So, I'm happy...


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Looks good to me...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I looked for one thing...and it wasn't there. So, I'm happy...

    But you don't know what Group 3 will be.....
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    What's STU?
    Hey Dan,

    I'm looking out for you, it used to be DP.

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Food for thought. My take is that STU can run anything under 2499 c.c.'s which would mean ITR for the most part would be the faster class. I think..... anyhow for Dan's benefit. STU and STO were created from the old BP/DP classes. The concept is to give other race organization participants a chance to race with us. I bet you can guess what organization that is.

    Todd
    Which GCR are you reading?? Mine says 6 cylinders and 3.0liters, so most of ITR can double dip with STU. Even so a full built STU "should" be faster than any IT car, but given that to date the fastest STU cars came from ITR, they're the same speed. Now STO will definetly be faster than ITR.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    I don't see the point in jumbling so ITR and STU aren't in the same group. ITR will have what, maybe 8 cars at most? How many of them would be interested in double dipping into STU if they could? One, maybe two? Not worth it. Really, I'd be surprised if that Group 1 has any more than 15 cars in it, unless there's something I don't know about a bunch of ITR and/or STU cars planning on showing up.

    I think this will be the first time GTA has ever ran at Mid Ohio. Hopefully a bunch of those guys will come up, because that'll be cool.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    NH, US
    Posts
    3,821

    Default

    Make group 5 be group 3
    Make group 3 be group 6 and anounce that ProIT will be making a visit!!!

    Looks good to me, not sure if the tow is in the budget, let's hope gas keeps dropping!!!

    Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    I don't see the point in jumbling so ITR and STU aren't in the same group. ITR will have what, maybe 8 cars at most? How many of them would be interested in double dipping into STU if they could? One, maybe two? Not worth it. Really, I'd be surprised if that Group 1 has any more than 15 cars in it, unless there's something I don't know about a bunch of ITR and/or STU cars planning on showing up.
    I'm afraid you're right about the low car count for group 1. Very few ITR cars abound and STU is a new class. I think there were only two BP/DP-classed cars at the last IT Fest.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    What's STU?

    Dan, didn't you know??? STU are the new jam cars for those of us in ITR! LOL.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    Very few ITR cars abound and STU is a new class.
    I would/will very likely enter STU as well, for the track time. My goal, of course, would be to embarrass as many ITR cars as is humanly possible...
    Not my circus...not my monkeys...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ligonier, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,676

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    Dan, didn't you know??? STU are the new jam cars for those of us in ITR! LOL.
    You might be right Chris. In reality a well prepared STU/ DP should be faster than us. Depending on the car count & times, they might want to do a split start, especially if Greg Amy is in the group in his hopped up ITS machine.:eek:........

    "Hey Dan,

    I'm looking out for you, it used to be DP."

    Thanks Z3, I'm glad someone is.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •