Thread: Bizaro World ITCS - The Parallel Universe

Default Bizaro World ITCS - The Parallel Universe

This was a little project of mine - documenting what the ITCS would look like if the ITAC and BoD granted all of the requests for new allowances made by members over the course of 2008.

I tried to be as precise as possible, translating what each request asked for into the rules. I didn't worry about specific make/model issues, since those are really a different deal than are requests to change the rules that govern the entire catgegory.

I did this specifically to help everyone understand the rules-creep pressure that currently exists - the forces acting on the IT rules, intended to make them more liberal; to allow things that are not currently allowed. I'm NOT being critical of any of the requests, although it's fair to note that none of those documented were granted by the Board, so far as I remember.

Make of this what you will...

The Bizaro World ITCS

K

Interesting list. Actually shorter than I would have expected. No adjustable cam gears, jack points, fiberglass body panels, wire harness removal? Those seem to get press from time to time, I would have thought those would make the list.

The SM cars in ITA did actually make it into a tech bulletin so in some ways that proposal did see its way in, but was quickly kicked back out.

No doubt there is a lot of potential creep.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MMiskoe View Post
    Interesting list. Actually shorter than I would have expected.
    Matt
    I am pretty sure this is just from calendar '08. The additions from previous years would make it crazy!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

No requests for aids to keep the cars planted when going 100mph backward??:eek:
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I am pretty sure this is just from calendar '08. The additions from previous years would make it crazy!
    Sorry - yes, that's correct. I should have been specific that this wasn't a cumulative list.

K