Thread: Mintex F-series brake pads

Default Mintex F-series brake pads

Does anyone here have experience with the Mintex F-series brake pads? Specifically the F4R compound.

This compound was recommended by a NASCAR brake engineer I've been in contact with.
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

Default Pad compound test results

I just stumbled across this on the AP Racing webiste:

http://www.apracing.com/info/info.as...cteristics_105

This shows test results for various pad compounds as tested by AP Racing. So this is a pretty good apples-to-apples comparison. Unfortunately they haven't tested any of the common IT favorates (Hawk, Carbotech, Porterfield, etc.)
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

David, you may want to research the Hawk DTC60/70 compounds. My personal experience with them has trumped anything I have used. This is on the Volvo with Wilwood SL6's and my Manta with its puny stock brakes. The brake modulation is excellent with good bite hot and cold and as a bonus they are real easy on rotors.

P.S. You are going to be too old to drive before you get that car finished .
    Last edited by itmanta; 01-07-2009 at 02:38 AM.
    Peter Linssen
    SPM Volvo 740 Turbo
    ITB/FP/VP1 Opel Manta

Peter,

Thanks for the tip on the Hawks. I'm not familiar with those compounds. I'll look into them. Most likely I'll do some testing to see which compounds are best matched to me and the car.

I finally settled into a non-traveling job. If I can minimize helping friends with their race cars and bikes I should have my car track ready by the fall. I should have the Mumford linkage sorted by then.
    David Russell
    IT Volvo 242

Quote Originally Posted by rsportvolvo View Post
    Peter,

Thanks for the tip on the Hawks. I'm not familiar with those compounds. I'll look into them. Most likely I'll do some testing to see which compounds are best matched to me and the car.

I finally settled into a non-traveling job. If I can minimize helping friends with their race cars and bikes I should have my car track ready by the fall. I should have the Mumford linkage sorted by then.

I am sure your car will be loaded with good stuff when it is done. Definately include those compounds in your tesing. Start with the 60 series unless you need more bite then try the 70's. if you need to balance the braking at all with compounds just mix f/r.
    Peter Linssen
    SPM Volvo 740 Turbo
    ITB/FP/VP1 Opel Manta