Thread: Nelson Ledges presents the 24 Hours of LeMons

Default Nelson Ledges presents the 24 Hours of LeMons

Get out your junk parts cars and come to an event that is the most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on!!!

We are proud (?) to announce that we will be hosting the 24 (full) Hours of LeMons on October 3-4th. Details will come as we work out more logistics.

The events are "politic" free with very unusual penalties. I was part of a team of crazies who did it last year and we were surprised when we came in second overall.

There is a website where you can find out more about the events at http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/ and make sure to read the supps. Thats the first time I've laughed out loud reading supps.

It promises to be a fun event. So even if you can't get a car together, come out and watch. There are some pretty weird cars that "race".
    Bryan KF8G
    Nelson Ledges Road Course
    #16 IT7 Mazda
    "There you go man. Keep as cool as you can. Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe, you perceive, the web they weave. And keep on thinking freely"
    Graeme Edge The Moody Blues

Bryan
    You know, I like it, in a sick and demented kind of way.
    If you need another driver let me know....or if anyone out there is going to build one and need to put a team together email me I live 19 miles from Nelson.
    Bill Johnson

I plan to be there.. It's like SCCA is supposed to be: Fun! Nobody sweating your washer bottle or other meaningless drivel.. somehow, despite the huge disparity in cars, none of that seemed to matter.Its a good time, and we did two this year, and hope to do two again next year. One of our drivers wrecked one of our cars massively, so we didn't finish so well last time (2nd fasted lap of the race while in wrecked condition tho), but still had a blast (our other car finished 9th). Me and a friend bought an Alfa GTV for this years contest, but decided to go ITS with it.. Back to last years Toyota's looks like!
    Last edited by Spinnetti; 12-14-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Hey Bill, I'm considering selling the GTI and I know you wanted it. Are you interested and how much do you offer?
    Bryan KF8G
    #16 IT7 Mazda
    "There you go man. Keep as cool as you can. Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe, you perceive, the web they weave. And keep on thinking freely"

Oh, and more track news. Gates for LeMons will open as early as Thursday for those of you traveling a great distance. Friday testing will be $100 a car for those wishing to test. (Jay said it's $199 per car and $50 per driver at Thunderhill, so he said we will be real popular with the drivers.) Camping as always will be available, even if you have to stay until Monday morning.
    The pitlane will not be used as in the Longest day due to the number of cars. All work will be done in your paddock space similar to Toledo. Supps will be coming before too long and will be posted on the track website.
    Bryan KF8G
    #16 IT7 Mazda

The Lemoniest Day.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan KF8G View Post
    Hey Bill, I'm considering selling the GTI and I know you wanted it. Are you interested and how much do you offer?
    Bryan
    Give me a call on my cell.
    Thanks

Bill
    Bill Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    The Lemoniest Day.

K
    I like a little Lemon-Head from time to time...
    Bill Johnson