I realize that this is not the Prod forum, however there are a lot of knowledgeable people here.

Now that the MK3 is in the process of converting to F-Prod I had some control arms made with a spacer and rod end in place of the ball joint.

Here is a sample pic for views

My question is now that I have a 2" spacer, should I run the coils all the way down to level out the control arms or should I go with a shorter spring? I am running a Bilstein PSS9 setup with 850# springs so there is not a ton of travel to start out with.

I know this is a set up that many have used before, I just am trying to grasp the basic theories of why and how the spacer affects the car.

Finally when dealing with track and increasing it. I am allowed 103% of 62.4 plus 2.5" inches. (a little less in the rear) That allows me a total of about 4.37" that I can increase total. With an inch wider wheel from my IT legal ones, and with less offset plus a 25mm spacer I can achieve 2" on each side, but when does it become too much and affect my handling in a negative manner? Are there any mathmatical calculations that I should be aware of here?

Thanks for dealing with my silly questions.