Thread: MiDiv Schedule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1. Mac, you really need to come visit us as MAM.

2. Ugh. Too many thoughts, too lazy to type them....but Travis is doing a good job in this discussion. And I've been inside the sausage factory on this whole scheduling and budgeting deal, if that's a requirement...

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

Haven't seen anything elsewhere, but for the sake of convenience, here is an edited version of the 2009 MidDiv schedule that is currently on the SCCA National website. I realize this is probably very tentative at this point, but at least it's a starting point. And BTW, I simply retyped and reformatted what is on the national website... I do not have any details whatsoever on any of the events listed. (And neither does the national website, at least as of this date.)

Mar 14/15 - Memphis - National/National
    Mar 28/29 - Gateway - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Apr 04/05 - Hallett - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Apr 18/19 - MAM - DS/DS-Regional
    May 02/03 - HPT - National/National
    May 30/31 - MAM - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Jul 04/05 - Hallett - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Jul 18/19 - Hastings - Regional/Regional
    Aug 01/02 - Gateway - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Aug 15/16 -MAM - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Sep 05/06 - HPT - MidAm Double points Regl/Restricted Regl
    Oct 24/25 - Gateway - Regional/Regional

For clarity, I obviously limited this to the regionals, nationals, and IT Tour events. There are also several PDX events listed at Gateway, and a Hillclimb in Drumright, Oklahoma (15-20 minutes south of Hallett) on April 25th.
    Last edited by Gary L; 12-21-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Correction to Oct 24/25 venue
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
    Haven't seen anything elsewhere, but for the sake of convenience, here is an edited version of the 2009 MidDiv schedule that is currently on the SCCA National website. I realize this is probably very tentative at this point, but at least it's a starting point. And BTW, I simply retyped and reformatted what is on the national website... I do not have any details whatsoever on any of the events listed. (And neither does the national website, at least as of this date.)

Mar 14/15 - Memphis - National/National
    Mar 28/29 - Gateway - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Apr 04/05 - Hallett - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Apr 18/19 - MAM - DS/DS-Regional
    May 02/03 - HPT - National/National
    May 30/31 - MAM - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Jul 04/05 - Hallett - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Jul 18/19 - Hastings - Regional/Regional
    Aug 01/02 - Gateway - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Aug 15/16 -MAM - Regional/National-IT Tour
    Sep 05/06 - HPT - MidAm Double points Regl/Restricted Regl
    Oct 24/25 - MAM - Regional/Regional

For clarity, I obviously limited this to the regionals, nationals, and IT Tour events. There are also several PDX events listed at Gateway, and a Hillclimb in Drumright, Oklahoma (15-20 minutes south of Hallett) on April 25th.
    The Oct 24/25 Regional/Regional is at Gateway.
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

Thanks! Original post has been edited to show the correct venue.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E

http://www.midiv.org/Code/Calendar_club.htm

well.....i'm back from a 3 week "vacation" with family/in-laws, and about a month of being distracted by shiny-new-thing-home-theater-stuff....but there's the schedule that's up on the MiDiv site.

by god it looks like they got it about as close to right as i could hope for. i only see one back-to-back weekend, and at least that's at opposite corners of the division. as much as i hate it, if i want to get 6 MiDiv races in, i'm going to have to travel to Memphis or St Louis. given the 3.5hr vs 10hr tow, i think i'll take STL at the end of october if it turns out i need it, or care about points by that time.

anybody know how this is going to work out with the Bonus race not being the last regional weekend of the year? will you have to have 4 MiDiv races by that time for it to count for double points, or just 4 by the end of the year? i'm thinking that would be #4 for me, then if i get the urge, i'll go to STL in Oct for #5 and #6.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    anybody know how this is going to work out with the Bonus race not being the last regional weekend of the year? will you have to have 4 MiDiv races by that time for it to count for double points, or just 4 by the end of the year?
    The way I read it, you must have the 4 races done before the bonus race. But beyond that, it's sorta screwed up anyway: the Mid-Am regs (at least as currently posted on the MidDiv site) state very clearly that the Bonus Race must be held after the National Runoffs. That isn't the way the schedule is currently stacked.

4.3 Bonus Race The Mid-Am Bonus Race will be designated by the Midwest Division Executive Committee and scheduled on a date after the National Championship Runoffs. To qualify for bonus points in a given class, a competitor must have earned points in that class at a minimum of four Mid-Am series races during the calendar year prior to the Bonus Race. The Bonus Race may be the only race conducted for Mid-Am points on that weekend’s race program.
    WRT back-to-back weekends (St Louis & Hallett)... damn it man! I was originally thinking about running the complete IT Tour this year. Now maybe not so much.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E