Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are S2000's ITR competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by kgobey View Post
    The issue with an S2000 in ITR trim - or really any trim is the course. On Buttonwillow I reckon the S2000 could hang with John Norris if say John Norris was driving it (for example of driver parity)... But on a course like the Interior Road Course at California Speedway, the S2000 would be outclassed lugging out of the slow right angle turns onto the the relatively long straights.

So on courses where the turns allow you to carry speed - Laguna, VIR, etc, the flowing turns would fall into the nature of the car to carry speed. On course Like RA or RA (LOL) or even Blackhawk or Morroso you'd be fighting a losing battle of the drag race.

Or at least that's my feeling on the matter.
    Hey K.

I've heard that "No torque" excuse before. Back when we were racing the Nissan 240 sx's in Speedvision Cup Honda did a great job of politicing the Acura Integera based on "We don't have any power below 7000 rpm" Fact of the matter is they had a stock redline of 9500 and they never went below 7000! And they went on to kick our asses

I think the S2000 would be a great car to race. Prep your car and lets race. I'm dying out here, there is NOBODY to race against!
    John Norris
    #07 ITS/R BMW 325is
    #07 ITS BMW 325
    Sponsors:
    GREEN FLASH BEER
    GT International BMW Service since 1976

I also think the S2000 would be a great ITR car -

Hang in there John - ITR will come to your region - the North East is starting to see a nice influx of top cars and top drivers.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NORRIS View Post
    Hey K.

...I think the S2000 would be a great car to race. Prep your car and lets race. I'm dying out here, there is NOBODY to race against!
    I think the S-2000 will be a great car to race ( both in and aginst) . Hang in there John, I'm working on having the Z3 ready by the end of July. BTW, I've got a new number too...
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Here you go, raced ready car.... http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...ce-13-500.html

But, at 120 hp per liter stock at engine and 8,000+ rpm readline , its already maxed out....Don't be expecting the hp you could get from similar prep from other IT cars.

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but it's the only difference between IT and H3-H5 rules sets are that HC also allows for flywheel, rear wing and CAI buts limits you to Toyo's.
    The above ad lists 9.5" wheels, and adjustable ball joints, which aren't IT legal, IIRC. Also the engine was built to "NASA H1 specs", and puts out 214 at the wheels. He doesn't list the dyno type. That's 12 less than what process predicts.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    The above ad lists 9.5" wheels, and adjustable ball joints, which aren't IT legal, IIRC. Also the engine was built to "NASA H1 specs", and puts out 214 at the wheels. He doesn't list the dyno type. That's 12 less than what process predicts.
    NASA H1 specs are tighter then IT. Can't use 40 over pistons, can't use forged pistons.

IIRC that car is using some sort of weird, not entirely the "best", engine management.

That car, and one other were dyno'd at nationals.. the other one/2 IIRC made more power.

this one just sold for 11,500 or so

13,500 - Located near Harrisburg, PA

I added up over $14k of equipment I have added to this car in addition to the running car. So you get $14k+ of stuff, plus a chassis and 2.2L engine / tranny for $13,500.

Current 2008 Log book and inspection.

2001 Honda S2000. I have a bill of sale instead of a title. The car was abandoned at a Colorado repair shop after doing a 5th to 2nd downshift and breaking a valve. It has a clean Carfax report. I have owned it for about 2+ years.

Engine bay
    • *Engine/ tranny - 2.2L F22C - all stock with about 8-9 race weekends. Purchased with about 10k miles on it. Installed by JEI.
      *AEM EMS - Installed and tuned by JEI (shut off at 8300rpm to not over tax the motor) - $2k installed
      *AEM Cold air Intake - $200
      *Custom exhaust with resonator where the cat used to be. Turn down at end of resonator - $300
      *Dyno'd at Hyperfest on a Dynojet at 223peak hp.
      *REAR GEARING IS 4.44 instead of the stock 4.10 - $900
      *Comptech Lightweight flywheel - $325
    Suspension & Brakes
    • *TEIN RA coilovers - purchased new for this car. 8-9 race weekends - $1600 brand ndew.
      *Saner adjustable front sway bar - currently set on middle - $225
      *Removed rear sway bar (still have it)
      *Currently Carbotech xp12 front pads xp10 rear pads
      *I have at least 1 set of new rotors to put on the car when sold
      *SJB adjustable ball joints on the front ~ 3.5 negative camber - $200
    Safey Details:
    • *Rollcage is an 8 point that was custom bent and installed by James Evans (JEI) (used to race Honda Challenge) in Baltimore, MD. Rollcage goes right to the rear suspension mounts for stiffness, and has NASCAR bars on the drivers side. - $3000
      *Sparco Evo Rev seat with Buddy club slider - $700
      *G-Force 5 point harnesses - $200
      *Required professionally installed shut off - $200
      *Normal Rollbar padding
      *Honda Factory Hardtop - $2000
    Misc
    • *APM carbon fiber wing - $400
      *Electronic oil gauge - $50
      *programable shift light - $150
      *momo 330mm steering wheel - $150
      *car is gutted and weighs about 2675 with me in it and half a tank of gas, so about 2450 dry. It still has the stock battery and airpump and other misc items, so it can definately weigh less.
      *New windshield in 2008. Has 1 chip from rubber at Summit
      *VOLK CE28N wheels with R888's....1500+++
      *front splitter (slightly bent due to loading into my trailer - it got caught on the ramp) - $120
    Track History[LIST]*I did sideswipe a car at VIR July 2007 and spun off. All suspension parts front and rear on the drivers side were replaced to make sure nothing was cracked, bent, etc.. the steering rack was also replaced. I replaced the front fender and left the other damage (see picture)
    *no other wrecks or damage.

bolded the HP and dyno type and ECU type (AEM EMS= full standalone computer)