Quote Originally Posted by kgobey View Post
The issue with an S2000 in ITR trim - or really any trim is the course. On Buttonwillow I reckon the S2000 could hang with John Norris if say John Norris was driving it (for example of driver parity)... But on a course like the Interior Road Course at California Speedway, the S2000 would be outclassed lugging out of the slow right angle turns onto the the relatively long straights.

So on courses where the turns allow you to carry speed - Laguna, VIR, etc, the flowing turns would fall into the nature of the car to carry speed. On course Like RA or RA (LOL) or even Blackhawk or Morroso you'd be fighting a losing battle of the drag race.

Or at least that's my feeling on the matter.
Hey K.

I've heard that "No torque" excuse before. Back when we were racing the Nissan 240 sx's in Speedvision Cup Honda did a great job of politicing the Acura Integera based on "We don't have any power below 7000 rpm" Fact of the matter is they had a stock redline of 9500 and they never went below 7000! And they went on to kick our asses

I think the S2000 would be a great car to race. Prep your car and lets race. I'm dying out here, there is NOBODY to race against!