Thread: ITR Prelude build thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Whoo-hoo, can't wait! Let me know if I can help, I want to see you out on track!

Nice job finding white. I wish I'd been able to find white when I bought my Z3 to build.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

That donor is too nice!

Can you sell the interior and stuff for a profit? I know, it's not ITB, the IT class with a guaranteed profit, LOL>
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Man the interior was so nice in this car I kinda felt bad pulling it out. This took me about 8 hours today and I still have a ways to go to get it ready for the cage, I still have to pull up all of the tar mat. take out the A/C and take out the cruise control.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Uhlinger

Make sure you take anything and everything out that you possibly can. Our ITS Prelude weighs about 2600lbs with a 200lb driver (~50lbs over legal ITS weight), and I'm out of ideas on where to remove weight without sacrificing safety. There's a lot of weight under/inside the dashboard, and removing the entire ABS system will save a lot of weight too. The stock sunroof panel is heavy as hell. Replace it with a thin steel sheet.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Thanks Kevin that is the plan, I am planning on removing everything I legally can and then weighting and seeing where I am at, I am hoping I don't have to remove the undercoating to make weight. Right no I am about 215lbs So I need to go on a diet to0 =)
    Mike Uhlinger

Ok so I picked up a engine tonight H22A1 and I was soooo Impressed I found a used honda engine that the TPS sensor was not broke....Well I broke the dam thing taking it out of the truck...

Oh and I discovered that Honda strategically placed the hood prop on the prelude so that you would catch it with your elbow and the hood would coming slamming down on your head....

Now I just need to find a transmission....
    Mike Uhlinger

Ok so today I finished taking out the tar mat (Dry Ice made very short work of it only took about 30 min) Plan is to finish up the interior tomorrow, then sunday take out the A/C and cruise control I've got to hurry it is scheduled to get the cage installed in about two weeks and I won't have time to work on it after this weekend.
    Mike Uhlinger