Thread: ITR Prelude build thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    That's legal because of some sort of update/backdate/model conversion? Because it's not generally legal in IT as far as I can tell.
    Crap I took out the cruise control? I threw it away, but I don't see it in the rules I thought I read that. Darn it now I have to go buy a cruise control unit.

EDIT: yup I see I got mixed up with the Honda Challenge rules so I guess I will be going to a junk yard and getting a cruise control unit. That is another reason I started this thread to point out if I do anything illegal accidently. Thanks Josh.

EDIT2: 20 bucks on EBAY no big =)
    Last edited by ekim952522000; 01-15-2009 at 12:49 AM.
    Mike Uhlinger

Cage is done, and the seat is mounted I thought I would throw some pics up for you guys before I painted it. Mike Lock at Calculated Risk did the cage and did a Amazing job. There were allot of design challenges do to me being 6'2" tall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Uhlinger

We also had to pay attention and make sure the cage was SCCA and NASA legal. Oh yeah and the tubing is 1.75 x .095.
    Mike Uhlinger

Got the dash fitted tonight not very exciting but since the 92-96 prelude dash is one my favorite dashes I thought I would throw up a picture
    Mike Uhlinger

So got 99% of the interior painted going to do some touch up this weekend.

Has anyone tried that Lamin-x cage film stuff I am trying to avoid my cage getting all scratched up like it did on my last car?

Also anyone have any ideas for the drivers feet area to stop it from looking like crap? Right now I am probably going to do a aluminum diamond plate "floor mat" any other ideas?
    Mike Uhlinger

Looks good Mike. I am really curious to see how you do in this car. Should be a blast to drive.
    Jeremy Billiel

I had diamond plate in my first car but ditched it in the rebuild to safe a pound or two. I use skateboard tape now. Put it on fresh paint and it really sticks.

K