Thread: Make Head and Neck Restraints Mandatory?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How about this:

To whom it may concern regarding manditory H&N restraints:

At this point many racers no longer have the discresionary income required to race at the same frequencys as in 2007 and this is apparent in the approximately 10% decrease in entries nation wide and comments from the National Office confirming the same. It would not be an overstatement to say that race turn outs for 2009 will also decrease at least another 10%. The addition of the high cost of H&N systems will cause yet more loss of income from entries and seriously effect the solvency of many racing regions.

I ask that you do not mandate H&N restraints. Let drivers choose what level of protection and standard they want. Any discussion on the subject should be postponed until more favorable national economic conditions return or market forces drive the cost of such equipment down to a reasonable level.

Thank you,
    Last edited by tom_sprecher; 11-21-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: After reading what I wrote it didn't say what I meant
    Tom Sprecher

****- One, should HNRs be mandatory****

NO, there is nothing wrong with the issue as it stands today. MANDATORY BULLSHIT will not bring a choice of protection to drivers. ANYONE jumping on a MANDATORY band wagon is no different than the Stewards making the decision for the Knowles issue. Sometimes people need to mind their own business.

Why don't you folks who believe the HNR be manatory buy what the hell you want & write a letter sugesting the HNR be optional or none per driver choice. < That sounds like a great option to me.

Do ya think the economy has over the last 2 - 3 years had an impact on the number of racers that enter events? Just continue FORCING drivers & watch the numbers crumble furthet yet.

EDIT:
    ***I ask that you do not mandate H&N restraints until more favorable national economic conditions return or market forces drive the cost of such equipment down to a reasonable level.***

Tom, why even suggest options.
    Last edited by ddewhurst; 11-21-2008 at 06:38 PM.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14