Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
I would suggest if in a reasonable amount of time Mylaps does not fix this problem we should all lobby our individual regions not to use Mylaps for official results and maybe not provide data to them at all.
I'm pretty certain that the official results have to be made available at the track. Mylaps should be nothing more than an auxilliary posting on a free website, at no cost to the Regions or drivers. According to our Chief of T&S, mylaps cannot be the *official* results because its format isn't GCR compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by backformore View Post
When I first came across this, it appeared that the only problem was that you could not access results on my laps. When you register for a race, they ask for your transponder number. I'm pretty sure the software at the track uses data they input. Does anyone know if that is correct? If it is, the results at the track should be correct.
AFAIK, the master system relies on individual transponder #s inputted by the hosting organization.

Before everyone gets their panties in a wad over this, I suggest they grab the elastic and consider the following:

- As annoying as the policy is, I do not believe that access to mylaps is something which ANYONE paid for. It isn't mentioned in the marketing materials online for the transponders. It wasn't in the materials I received when I bought my brand new transponder.

- The freaking thing is free. You don't pay squat to get access to the transponder records.

- They don't have to provide the service.

Yes, the new layout sucks and it still won't remember my login. Yep, it's a PITA that only those entered in the event can look at individual lap times (i.e. want to see if that car you might buy runs 1:30s on a consistent basis or did it once? You cannot). Yes, it sucks that the transponder is registered to only one owner (and that's sloppy DB work as they could key it on both name of registrant and the #), but I don't see anyone jumping up and down to host an alternate site. Nor do I see anyone beating down the doors to write both the front-end and back-end for the alternate website.