Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMB transponder ownership issue

Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
    Unless you are fortunate enough to own mulitple race cars I never understood the desire to have a portable unit that required recharging. Seems like a big PITA and one more thing I'd forget to do, but to each his own.

When I bought my previous car it did not come with a transponder and the PO used a rechargable unit.
    Really, we yanked ours out of our old car and have installed it in the new one.

While I see the point of the convenience of being able to transfer the registration of a transponder, I also understand AMB's position on a transponder being a registrants "for life". Just as a Social Security number is unique to every individual, so goes a transponder.

Unless you're 'getting out', you'd have to spend the money for another transponder anyway for the next car, so what difference does it make. If you are 'getting out', then it's a cost you have to absorb like maintainance items.
    Dave Dusterberg
    ITA#9 Dodge Neon
    2011 Indy Region SCCA Activities Director
    http://www.indyscca.org

Default AMB Transponder

The easiest fix for this is to get the original owners user name and password for Mylaps, the new owner can set up a new account for his new transponder. The transponder # is identified by T&S to the actual driver at the event not the original owner of the transponder. Mylaps is NOT an official results site for SCCA, it does not have all the necessary info that OFFICIAL results are required to have. The only official site for results is the SCCA web page under club racing and then national and regionals and then the individual events. T&S has to send them the OFFICIAL results, within 7 days of the event.
    SCCA is only a small portion of AMB's business so trying a scare tactic isn't going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by datadude View Post
    Mylaps is NOT an official results site for SCCA, it does not have all the necessary info that OFFICIAL results are required to have.
    What information is on the results on mylaps is entirely up to the organization that uploads them. There is no reason why all of the required info couldn't be there, and in fact, some regions do use mylaps as their official results site, including all of the info.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

From the GCR

5.10.3. Results
    A. Provisional Results
    One of the two lap charts or a printout showing order of finish and number of laps completed for each car shall be posted and titled as Provisional Results. The time of posting shall be noted on the Provisional Results and an announcement made.
    Pending the decision of the SOM, the results of the competition shall be considered Provisional.
    B. Final Results
    1. At the expiration of the protest period, Provisional Results may be considered final. The Final Results should be titled as Final or Official Results and shall include the following types of information: description of event, timing and scoring information, and driver information.
    2. The description of the event shall include: location of event, date, sanction number, name of conducting region, length of course, and duration of race (laps or miles).
    3. The timing and scoring information shall include: total number of entries, including DNF’s and DNS’s, the overall and class finishing positions for all starters, the number of laps completed for all starters, the overall time of the race, the winner’s margin of victory, the winner’s average speed, the fastest lap time for all starters and any new course records.
    4. The driver information shall include: driver’s full name, hometown, state, region of record, car number, car make and model, and car year as required per GCR. It is required that the competition license number be included in the driver information.
    5. Optional information to show on the Final Results includes: the overall time and average speed for each class winner, pit stop information, accident reports, and sponsorship. This may be provided on documents (i.e. Entry List) other than “Final Results” and submitted to the national office, divisional pointskeeper and other officials.
    6. When a car is disqualified, excluded, or withdrawn, the results should list the car at the bottom of the finishing order, showing the true finishing order as affected by the disqualification, exclusion, or withdrawal. The results should show the final overall and class positions, as adjusted, for all finishers.
    I've never tried to use mylaps data for submission of contingency awards. Will tire (or other suppliers) take them without the Chief of T&S signature?
    Spec RX7 #11
    Scottsdale AZ