Thread: Economy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have been on record, like a broken record, for years saying that all of New England needs to contract and reduce the amount of events it hosts. Yes I am very aware of the politics, and yes I know the inside information. I still think we need to shrink and there should under no circumstances have multiple events competiting on the same weekend.

Just my strong opinion.
    Jeremy Billiel

Default Racing Regions

I attended the mini con a few weeks ago and was surprised that two of the major regions in the NE still want to hold 6 regionals each for 2009. This can be suicide for each of the regions and unfair to the workers. Some regions will just have one and a few four. It is my opinion that we have less events, make these events more quality and sacrifice for 09 in hopes that we make it to 2010. The regions must work together.

WRITE TO YOUR REGIONS OR CALL and voice your thoughts and opinions. Most of us get it.

Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca

Bob
    You say that like all regions are the same. Those two regions serve over 5000 members. of course they will have more races than a region of 400.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

The thing that makes this even more rediculous is that we want ALL the events we have but we still only count 8 out of 12 for the NARRC championship. Hmmm, we need the revenues, we won't cut races, and you as a driver only need to go to 66% of them. Seems to me like revenues will be down about 33%.

Let's put the politics aside and try to run this like a business. The goals of a business are to attract and retain customers and to be profitable. I think we should do what's necessary to defray costs. If we drop events so be it. To make decisions based on fear [that we'll lose the evnt] is poor decision making and myopic. Let's worry about staying solvent first, we can worry about getting the date back in the future.

BTW, when I was a drivers rep last year (whole nuther story there!!) I advocated the same thing, and the moneyfund isue and, and, and....

While I think this exercise is worthwile I doubt anything will change......

R
    Last edited by Doc Bro; 11-18-2008 at 11:12 PM.
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

My business (mechanical design service) just wrapped up its worst three quarters since its inception 10 years ago.

I just sold the road race car and the trailer

Still have a TimeTrials car that can be driven to events.

Looking to rent to keep the license hot...
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.