Thread: SU Carb damper fluid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tom didn't ask me but I'll throw my two cents in anyway

DOT5 brake fluid.

I rarely, almost never, run the black car below 5000 feet elevation. I wonder if that makes a difference?
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

David,
    Hey! Yep, can't stay away forever. Spent some time cleaning out the carbs and fuel lines. That cell foam does make a mess but that's what a big fuel filter is for.
    Now I'm hooking up the fire system, re-webbing belts, fixing brakes.... A to-do list 6 pages long. I love it!

Ty, I knew I left somebody out but it was late! Left Paul out too! And others.
    Sorry about that.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll give y'all an update when I get done.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Donnelly; 11-17-2008 at 04:04 PM.

For a sure 5 hp, I use Sna Keoil. It is expensive, but it is the only thing to use if you want to go fast!!!

Mike

Mike,

Yep, but the Sna Keoil is part of the driver's diet, right? Which fits since thats the most improvable part to a race car.

Tom

Sna Keoil helps in the carbs, engine oil, tranny, diff, and in the driver. I truely does help everywhere!

Mike

Ron and Paul win the "most likely not to fake oneself out with funny SU damper oils" award. 20wt, commonly found in the two place they mentioned- motorcycle fork oil and Redline.

I've seen a lot of custom damper tuning and Sna Keoil's in my time, all from people BEHIND me on the grid. Lighter oils and shaved needles, SM needles, and all sorts of other "more gas" concepts just result in a fatter mixture and a slower car. Leaner is meaner, FTW at most tracks.

Now then, if you're spending a LOT of time above 7000 rpm, you may need a bigger jet and the appropriate needle. And I mean based on time at rpm, not the fact that you get 7400 rpm at the dip at the old Road Atlanta. If aluminum from the top of the pistons is showing up on your spark plugs we may need that. Otherwise, the race is won coming off the corners at 4500-5500 rpm, where most Z folks are way too fat with their mixture....

YMMV
    katman

Sorry to open an old thread. I am looking for SU carb oil for my 71 240Z. Will this work?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_95565-357-10...20in%201%20oil