I posted this on the "ARRC feedback" thread but decided maybe it needed its own thread to discuss....

The biggest suggestion/gripe I have lately about all races is.... WE (SCCA Drivers/Members) are paying for the track rental. We all want "track time" however we never want to use ALL of it up. Why don't we schedule "hardship" type practice sessions at the end of the day for those that want/need to use it? We always complain about track time, but never maximize it when we have that option. If your schedule runs until 4:15 and we have the track until 6:00 then run some hardship sessions for those that are still racing the next day. You will then have a window to run races late if needed because you can just shorten the hardship sessions.

Those that want to drink earlier can just go to the spectator area and start watching the races and enjoying a few (you can do that right?) lol

Raymond "Butch I only bring this up because you suggest the 8 race format to shorten the day.... As a memember wanting more track time I wish we had the NASCAR "happy hour" format." Blethen

Not all events but a lot of events (especially nationals where IT and other regional classes are sometimes invited) we end early, hours early.... Generally i would say this is poor planning, however the stewards can't just make races longer, they need that buffer at the end of the day to try and make sure everyone goes home feeling like they got what they payed for. Why don't we schedule "happ hours" at the end of the day should time allow it?

We get around 10hrs of track time (at best) and pay $10,000 - $20,000 a day for track rentals right??? thats over $1,000hr!!!

Raymond "why wouldn't we us the track if we payed for it till 6 or 7 or... ???" Blethen