Thread: CenDiv schedule Kettle Moraine Regional no more.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just remember also that the Prepared rules changed for next year too. You are now allowed to run yout IT car at Nationals in DP back to 1985 model years. I fully intend to get my ITB car out and run two classes at Nationals now....GTL and DP.
    I know it is not competitive in DP but I know a ITA car won the division in 07. Can't hurt to try.....and I'm already at the track with the other car.

I would rather spend the money to travel to the Autobahn CC for a Regional that spend money for the Milwaukee mile road course. Done the mile once & that's enough. I rank the mile right along with Gateway which I have done twice. Yes, even with the economy in the tank the Miata will be racing next year. Ya know, we retired folks don't have all the time in the world to work on race cars.

I understand the noise for thosE around the mile & it must be a pain in the ass, oop's I mean ear. I live maybe 5 miles away & can hear cars MANY week days during the summer. The mile should eat shit & thank everyone who even thinks about using their facility. Their up front costs at the get go were $50,000.00 for a weekend to which I told one of the people from the mile that gave me the number that they were NUTS.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Those that race in CenDiv regionals should be grateful for the 1 race at RA. The past two years MCSCC has been hosed by RA with no race at all. Unless you consider early April, late Oct, early Nov. a weekday race, or Mother Day weekend as viable dates? I do have to admit that we could have had a date there in early Oct but we would have had to give up an Autobahn date and as opposed to SCCAs turnout, ours have been OK there.
    1988 ITA Scriocco 16V #80
    MCSCC member since 1988

Default Road America Kettle Race Weekend

This is a one year deal as they are no longer going to Autobahn due to high costs. We needed another National so they converted the event for one year.

Most of you in IT can now run DP if you wanted to.

Mike Engelke

Quote Originally Posted by mengelke View Post
    This is a one year deal as they are no longer going to Autobahn due to high costs. We needed another National so they converted the event for one year.

Mike Engelke
    At least those of you with an 1985 or newer car. I intend to run a couple of nationals in my ITB car in ( STU ). They have changed the name from DP to STU.

Mike Engelke

Where are you hearing this from?

It's been in the GCR for a couple of years now. ITR/ITS -> BP (STO now, I believe) and ITA/B/C -> DP (STU now). If a car that is built to the prepared specs shows up and is driven well, you won't see them except maybe in the rearview. But, you still can run in the Nationals.
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Which part of my statement?

This is a one year deal as they are no longer going to Autobahn due to high costs.
    That is why it is not on the schedule right now, but I don't know that it is accurate to say that we are no longer going to the Autobahn. My understanding is that there are some that are working on solutions to get us back there, which I really appreciate.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Or they could run it as a National with a Restricted Regional to include everyone... Helps pay the bills while giving everyone a chance to 'play'. With such a large track, you can just about fit most of the 'Regional Only' cars into a single group no matter how many show. (I realize there are some open wheel Regional Only classes and that would need to be addressed if there was interest...)
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
    Or they could run it as a National with a Restricted Regional to include everyone... Helps pay the bills while giving everyone a chance to 'play'. With such a large track, you can just about fit most of the 'Regional Only' cars into a single group no matter how many show. (I realize there are some open wheel Regional Only classes and that would need to be addressed if there was interest...)
    Are you talking about Road america or Autobahn? As a previous race chairman for SCCA events there you, will never get it all in at a two day event at RA. Not enough hours in the day.
    All in one group? Let's see: would you want to run with Atlantics,Vees,SRF,GT-1 in the same group? No way and the stewards would never allow it. Ok so now you need an open wheel and closed wheel group. You have to remember that the GCR specifies that national races have a min amount of qualifying time and a certain length race distances so that pretty much chews up your days right then and there. At Ra you lose time on pace laps and cool down laps due to the length of the track plus your normal picking cars up etc. Now if you are just talking about an IT group only, been there done that at the Cat National. It was run as a restricted Regional for IT cars for several years. Never had very many cars show up. I think the most we had was 13 or 14 total one year. My 2 cents.

Bob