Thread: CenDiv schedule Kettle Moraine Regional no more.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by mengelke View Post
    This is a one year deal as they are no longer going to Autobahn due to high costs. We needed another National so they converted the event for one year.

Most of you in IT can now run DP if you wanted to.

Mike Engelke

Where are you hearing this from?

It's been in the GCR for a couple of years now. ITR/ITS -> BP (STO now, I believe) and ITA/B/C -> DP (STU now). If a car that is built to the prepared specs shows up and is driven well, you won't see them except maybe in the rearview. But, you still can run in the Nationals.
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Which part of my statement?

"no longer going to Autobahn due to higher costs"

It read as a permanent situation. Just clarifying that it may not be permanent.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by mengelke View Post
    Which part of my statement?

The 'one year deal' of killing the Kettle.

I have heard nothing like that from any of the CenDiv region board members I've spoken with.

I don't see them changing it back to a double regional. Maybe a regional/national.

Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    The 'one year deal' of killing the Kettle.

I have heard nothing like that from any of the CenDiv region board members I've spoken with.

I don't see them changing it back to a double regional. Maybe a regional/national.
    Well I, tend to believe Mike as he is the Excutive Steward of CEN-DiV and has a hand in planning the divisions events.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stGenBoy View Post
    Well I, tend to believe Mike as he is the Excutive Steward of CEN-DiV and has a hand in planning the divisions events.

Well he hasn't said anything about it yet.

As for the conversations I've had with the Chicago region folks that made the decision they have never mentioned anything of the sort. Since it is there event I'd say that they would have more of a firsthand knowledge than he does. No reason to hold back the info that "it's just for this year" information on their part.

As for the conversations I've had with the Chicago region folks that made the decision they have never mentioned anything of the sort. Since it is there event I'd say that they would have more of a firsthand knowledge than he does. No reason to hold back the info that "it's just for this year" information on their part.
    Not sure who you are referring to has "never mentioned anything of the sort", but let me make a couple of statements on this thread:

Regarding the Kettle: Mike is accurate - we have made a decision for 2009 only, and not a blanket decision/plan for the future. We won't be making any decisions on 2010 for quite some time. Waaaay too far out to do that yet. There are several options, and there are too many if-then-else branches in the equation that are out of our control before we can get there. Remember this: a year ago at this point, who thought that Road America would be getting the Runoffs?

Regarding Autobahn: As has been well documented elsewhere, there are some financial hurdles to clear before we can return. Having said that, we have left ABJ on good terms (this is NOT a Putnam Park situation). The door is not closed to a return, and we have some ideas how it could be a financial success. Of course, right now a lot of what happens with the economy will affect what we can do. Do I want to go back there? yes! Do I think we will go back there? I just don't know.

At this past week's Chicago Region Competition Committee meeting, we did discuss our customer's reaction to the schedule, and made sure the feelings expressed here and other forums were known to non-forum reading members of the committee.

Myself, along with the current and previous RE of Chicago Region, have in the past, and will continue to have discussions with Mike as to our schedule plans.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Kevin Coulter
    Chicago Region
    2009 Competition Committee Chairman
    Last edited by kevinc; 12-06-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: clarification
    Kevin Coulter
    [email protected]

See Post #17 (in this very thread, no less): https://improvedtouring.com...9&postcount=17
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

See post 12 in this very tpoic and thread for Chicago Region's response...