Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CenDiv schedule Kettle Moraine Regional no more.

Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    Well he hasn't said anything about it yet.

As for the conversations I've had with the Chicago region folks that made the decision they have never mentioned anything of the sort. Since it is there event I'd say that they would have more of a firsthand knowledge than he does. No reason to hold back the info that "it's just for this year" information on their part.
    See post 12 in this very tpoic and thread for Chicago Region's response...

Quote Originally Posted by 1stGenBoy View Post
    See post 12 in this very tpoic and thread for Chicago Region's response...
    I did see that. Before it was posted here even

Quote Originally Posted by planet6racing View Post
    See Post #17 (in this very thread, no less): https://improvedtouring.com...9&postcount=17
    I was actually questioning that response if you go back and read the rest of the posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    Not sure who you are referring to has "never mentioned anything of the sort", but let me make a couple of statements on this thread:

Regarding the Kettle: Mike is accurate - we have made a decision for 2009 only, and not a blanket decision/plan for the future. We won't be making any decisions on 2010 for quite some time. Waaaay too far out to do that yet. There are several options, and there are too many if-then-else branches in the equation that are out of our control before we can get there. Remember this: a year ago at this point, who thought that Road America would be getting the Runoffs?

Regarding Autobahn: As has been well documented elsewhere, there are some financial hurdles to clear before we can return. Having said that, we have left ABJ on good terms (this is NOT a Putnam Park situation). The door is not closed to a return, and we have some ideas how it could be a financial success. Of course, right now a lot of what happens with the economy will affect what we can do. Do I want to go back there? yes! Do I think we will go back there? I just don't know.

At this past week's Chicago Region Competition Committee meeting, we did discuss our customer's reaction to the schedule, and made sure the feelings expressed here and other forums were known to non-forum reading members of the committee.

Myself, along with the current and previous RE of Chicago Region, have in the past, and will continue to have discussions with Mike as to our schedule plans.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Kevin Coulter
    Chicago Region
    2009 Competition Committee Chairman
    Thanks for the response. I just don't see the Kettle being switched back to the double regional unless the division goes back to Autobahn and it sounds like Chicago won't do that very readily. There has been nothing other than what you have about the future possibilities of the Kettle going back to a regional. Maybe if that had been said very plainly in teh beginning it might have been a better reception. However everything in your post makes me fairly confident that the Kettle will be a national for 2010 as well.

IT and other regional classes can only hope that Council can get a date at RA in order to run in their classes more than once.

As for ABJ, did the talk of a double national come up. With the up until recent fuel issues, and current economic issues double nationals were considered almost a guarantee for the 2009 season yet there are none in the CENDIV.

Default Response

I can assure you in 2010 the Kettle will be a double regional. I discussed several options about Autobahn and the future of Brainerd. As the Exec Steward this is what I need to do to bring balance to the division. I will tell you that National/Regionals will not work in Cen-Div. We have too many National cars. Everywhere else Regional racing is king. Regional drivers are what makes those events successful.

On the surface having a restricted IT Regional looks good to your group. On the other side you are dis-enfrancising the formula classes who bring strong fields as well.

Not an easy decision either way.

Mike Engelke