Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post
***David, Since you are always looking for something to do I, think you could be in charge of this. You could stand out on the track and direct the cars off at 5. Work for you?***

Bob, I really don't want to come off negative but life is what life is with the Milwaukee Region. When I joined I tried to get involved & was told by a long standing member that until I learned something about racing I should not be heard. Nuff said in public. Ask me off line some time who made the statement. Back early 90's when I raced Karts I wanted nothing to do with racing Karts at Road America so at Road America I teched Karts & supported Badger Kart Club doing other items.

***FYI: we do not have practice sessions for the nationals ( all sessions before the races are qualifiers )***

Change is good. If change improves the process of the weekend & or of the event then it should be worth looking at. Forget the cost factor at the brainstorm time.
David,
I think you will find things have changed a lot since then. You know we always need help for the races at RA. If you want to come for a Milw region comp meeting and see what's going on let me know and I'll tag along too. You will be more than welcome I can assure you. As a former Comp committee chairman you, will be surprised what goes on and into making a sucessfull race. The meetings are open to any member and Yes there are some stick in the muds out there yet but the Exec Steward has been working very hard to eliminate this. A lot of good ideas are suggested but just like the real world only a few are viable. Still never hurts to try....

Bob