Thread: CenDiv schedule Kettle Moraine Regional no more.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CenDiv schedule Kettle Moraine Regional no more.

Did anyone notice that the Kettle Moraine regional was switched to a national leaving only one regional race at Road America vs. 3 nationals and runoffs.

Reasons range from noone wanting to run a double national to make up for Autobahn being left off the schedule to it not being fair to regional drivers to have to compete with national drivers tuning up for the runoffs.

I'd post a link to the schedule but I can't.

I'd imagine that the IT group has some decent opinions because it fully leaves your classes out in the cold.

Well, my schedule just got a lot easier to figure out next year.

After the debacle at MM last year, and the feeble attempt to run a regional at AB (one year on the North, one year on the South and done for good) I won't be heading back to MM and won't be going along for an experiment at BIR. I was looking forward to both RA doubles, but may just repurpose the cash and prepare for IT Fest and ARRC.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    Well, my schedule just got a lot easier to figure out next year.

After the debacle at MM last year, and the feeble attempt to run a regional at AB (one year on the North, one year on the South and done for good) I won't be heading back to MM and won't be going along for an experiment at BIR. I was looking forward to both RA doubles, but may just repurpose the cash and prepare for IT Fest and ARRC.

Would you like to see it switched back to a regional?

It just doesn't make any sense to change it to a national. The runoff hopefulls can all still come and test at a regional. All that is being done is limiting entries (and income from the event) while preventing a bunch of racers from participating.

I won't even address whether it is 'fair' for regional racers to compete with national racers. I think we all know this is a different decade than that.

The Tro CenDiv Championship excludes any who compete at the runoffs, so it will not have any impact on the regional level series points.

I am sure it isn't easy, but of course IT racers would like to not have half of thier chances to race at Road America taken away. Just speculating here that there is reluctance to run at Autobahn again due to cost and turnout, and there are only so many tracks that Nationals can run at, but after excluding IT cars from the MW RA event this year (AFTER it had been scheduled as a RR), it just looks like more of the same. That event is listed again, but is one week before the IT Fest, so ...

Yeah the short answer is I would like to see it remain a regional weekend (even though I missed it in 2008 because I had to travel for work...)
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com