Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
Or they could run it as a National with a Restricted Regional to include everyone... Helps pay the bills while giving everyone a chance to 'play'. With such a large track, you can just about fit most of the 'Regional Only' cars into a single group no matter how many show. (I realize there are some open wheel Regional Only classes and that would need to be addressed if there was interest...)
Are you talking about Road america or Autobahn? As a previous race chairman for SCCA events there you, will never get it all in at a two day event at RA. Not enough hours in the day.
All in one group? Let's see: would you want to run with Atlantics,Vees,SRF,GT-1 in the same group? No way and the stewards would never allow it. Ok so now you need an open wheel and closed wheel group. You have to remember that the GCR specifies that national races have a min amount of qualifying time and a certain length race distances so that pretty much chews up your days right then and there. At Ra you lose time on pace laps and cool down laps due to the length of the track plus your normal picking cars up etc. Now if you are just talking about an IT group only, been there done that at the Cat National. It was run as a restricted Regional for IT cars for several years. Never had very many cars show up. I think the most we had was 13 or 14 total one year. My 2 cents.

Bob