Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Schedule???

what's the reasoning behind that rule?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

You "special" guys always get the "inside info"! How about posting a hint about every other day so that I can guess at the schedule
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by brprok81 View Post
    MidAm rules state that the weekend that has the double points race can not hold another points race during that weekend.
    Yea - Rule 4.3 - I see that now.

Interesting - I wonder why?

I would like to see this amended - not because of where the MidAm race is in 09 but because it makes it hard on the event organizer. Just look at what occured at St Louis this year. The bonus race was in Saturday and after it was over several drivers went home instead of staying for Sunday. Not only does this hurt the event organizer with respect to entry fees - it makes for small race fields. Small race fields aren't good for anyone, especially the corner workers that have to stand around and watch. I was embarased to be in the 5 car field that finished the weekend at St Louis. And yea I did notice several looks of dismay from Grid and Corner workers as we headed out for the pace lap. For me it put a damper on was really a great weekend of racing beacuse I hate to a part of a parade race.

Times are different now. More meaningful racing must be scheduled on every race weekend. The idea that regional drivers will support a single race, let alone a single points race on a weekend is false - they won't. I have a feeling that this rule was written in a time when it could be safely assumed that regional drivers would travel for a single points race.

Time for some letter writing.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Scott -

If it would help for me to attend a race group meeting or board meeting and present in favor of this, I'd be happy to. let me know.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
    You "special" guys always get the "inside info"! How about posting a hint about every other day so that I can guess at the schedule
    try this:

3-14/15 MEM N/N
    3-28/29 STL R/IT/N
    4-4/5 Hallett R/IT/N
    4- 18/19 MAM ssR
    5- 2/3 ??? N/N forgot to write down where
    5- 30/31 MAM R/IT/N
    7- 4/5 HAL ???
    7- 18/19 MEM R/R
    8-1/2 STL ?? that is is far as I have

I know that it is sketchy but I was writing as fast as I could.
    Last edited by ebb; 11-20-2008 at 11:32 AM.

That schedule looks OK for the Scott team at the moment. May and June will be filled with Trey's graduation and us getting moved to Arkansas.

You won't have to get your teeth pulled before moving to Arkansas will you?

And please don't look twice at your sister!

Ok I will stop with the Arky stuff. I have friends in LR and they tell them to me.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

You won't have to get your teeth pulled before moving to Arkansas will you?

And please don't look twice at your sister!

Ok I will stop with the Arky stuff. I have friends in LR and they tell them to me.
    Ouch, that hurts! BTW have you seen my sisters?

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    Scott -

If it would help for me to attend a race group meeting or board meeting and present in favor of this, I'd be happy to. let me know.
    Travis, All KC Region Members

You are always welcome at all of the meetings. The Board meeting is NOT a closed meeting and non-BOD members are welcome to attend and provide valuable input.

With respect to some of the issues discussed here there is only so much the the KC Region BOD can do. We do provide our opinions to KVRG related to the kinds of races we would like to see at HPT and the schedule options that are available to us. We also provide input to our RE concerning Division wide race scheduling. I guess I am saying that given the structure of KVRG and the Division our local Board can only provide input and IDEAS.

I capitalize IDEAS because it really is important to know what a member - any member - can do if they have a good IDEA and are willing to help make it happen. For example - adding IT to the 2008 Double Regional - the result of one person with an idea and a plan to help make it work. Probably the same type of thinking that created the Austrialian Chase that St Louis has run for the last several years or the Enduro that was being run at MAM by MVRG.

Keep in mind that the lack of GCR structure applied to Regional Racing can make allot of fun things possible. Stuff like Triple Crown IT Championship races, IT Festivals, The ARRC, Enduros, Austrialian Chase races, Qualification Races that set race grids, Heat races that set grids for "Feature" races, GRID inversions, Pro IT Races, Competition Time Trials, etc etc, etc.... My point is that our Regional Race weekends do not have simply be run like National Events with shorter track time. They can be better than that.....so what is on your mind???
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

I wouldn't count on that July race in Memphis. There is a reason we quit going to that race (and the reason they quit having a summer race, I hope): HEAT. It gets ridiculously hot at that track at the end of June/July/August.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

July 18-19 at MPH ?
    Dave Webb
    Bare Bones Racing
    '84 VW GTI
    #17 ITB

7- 18/19 MEM R/R

If this race is at Hastings it is a little more palatable. If we can actually pull it off this time....Don't get me wrong. Visiting Chris' grandmother without the race was okay. Missing a local agility trial with the dogs because the race was "mis-dated" (for lack of a better word) on the schedule and then CANCELLED for lack of participation is another story.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers