Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Schedule???

Default 2009 Schedule???

Does anyone know when the 2009 schedule will, or usually, gets posted? Since I missed St. Louis, all I can think about is when's the first race.
    Charles Casteel
    #31 IT7
    Team Phenix Racing

Quote Originally Posted by ccasteel View Post
    Does anyone know when the 2009 schedule will, or usually, gets posted? Since I missed St. Louis, all I can think about is when's the first race.
    Not sure which region you need, but the tentative schedule for the GLDiv is here:

http://www.greatlakes-scca.org/node/92

Dan
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

While the question of 2009 is up, when does the new GCR usually post?

i think both Charles and I are looking for the MiDiv schedule.

I'm anxiously awaiting the news also.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

MiDiv annual convention is this weekend IIRC.

Schedule should be out shortly thereafter?
    Dave Webb
    Bare Bones Racing
    '84 VW GTI
    #17 ITB

Quote Originally Posted by keycom View Post
    MiDiv annual convention is this weekend IIRC.

Schedule should be out shortly thereafter?
    As Judge Smells told Danny, "WWWEEEEEEELLLLL...... we're waiting?"
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

From the Midiv site:
    MiDiv Meetings to be held in the Spring of 2009
    After a discussion with the MiDiv Executive Committee it was decided that the convention originally scheduled for Nov. 2008 will be rescheduled in Feb. to coincide with the Club Racing Stewards meeting. It will be held in Memphis, TN and details will be released by the host region as soon as they are finalized.

Scheduling and planning for the 2009 season will be held by conference calls in the fall of 2008 with the representatives for each region.

Dave Webb
    Bare Bones Racing
    '84 VW GTI
    #17 ITB

I would really like to know also, my weekends seem to fill up quickly. The earlier I can schedule something the better.

Scott Peterson seems to know this stuff, what do you know Scott?

The schedule is still being finished up and should be released in the next few weeks. The MiDiv convention is March 6-8 in Kansas City.
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

Like others, I'm anxious to see the schedule, as I may have some serious conflicts. If anyone sees the finished product, could they please post here in a timely fashion?

Thanks!
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

Very interested as well - subscribed.
    96 BMW M3 - Daily
    87 BMW 325i - ITS car

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    I would really like to know also, my weekends seem to fill up quickly. The earlier I can schedule something the better.

Scott Peterson seems to know this stuff, what do you know Scott?
    I haven't seen anything offical since Sept. - sorry wish I had more to offer. What I can comment on are the dates that KVRG has at HPT:

May 2/3 - 2 day Double National
    Sept 5/6 - Double Regional (MidAM Bonus Race)

In addtion, KVRG and MVRG are teaming up to host a Super School/Regional in April at MAM. April 18/19 on on the tentative planning schedule that I have.

We had a Race Group meeting this evening but I had work committments and couldn't attend. I'll see if anyting was provided at the meeting.

With respect to what KVRG is doing this year - I'm a big fan. I think both of the HPT events can be successful and putting on a Super School at MAM with MVRG should be a great deal too.

Be thinking of what you would like to see at the Sept. Double Regional to spice up the event. Remember, one of the days will be the Mid Am Bonus race. The other day should provide single MidAm points too because KVRG/HPT is only hosting two Regionals this year.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

Quote Originally Posted by mustanghammer View Post
    I haven't seen anything offical since Sept. - sorry wish I had more to offer. What I can comment on are the dates that KVRG has at HPT:

May 2/3 - 2 day Double National
    Sept 5/6 - Double Regional (MidAM Bonus Race)

In addtion, KVRG and MVRG are teaming up to host a Super School/Regional in April at MAM. April 18/19 on on the tentative planning schedule that I have.

We had a Race Group meeting this evening but I had work committments and couldn't attend. I'll see if anyting was provided at the meeting.

With respect to what KVRG is doing this year - I'm a big fan. I think both of the HPT events can be successful and putting on a Super School at MAM with MVRG should be a great deal too.

Be thinking of what you would like to see at the Sept. Double Regional to spice up the event. Remember, one of the days will be the Mid Am Bonus race. The other day should provide single MidAm points too because KVRG/HPT is only hosting two Regionals this year.
    i am also a huge fan of the KVRG schedule, as you remember scott this is essentially what we both lobbied for last year. i really think these with both be successful, and i actually think the NN is more of a risk than the RR.

i'll continue to ask for what i have asked for in the past at regionals.......practice. if even just for the Bonus race on saturday, then we can get people on the road quicker on Sun. i don't want to leave out the PDX stuff though, as those guys are potentially our future racers, and it seems like we always get enough of them that they are not the smallest run group.

to make it work timewise i think you can look at the entries and combine groups, and they don't have to be the same combinations all day.

what i'm thinking of is something like we do on test days for practice....an open wheel and a closed wheel group. or if we get a whole bunch of cars, two closed wheel and one open wheel group. then for qualifying you can have maybe five groups, and go back to our regular 6 if the entries support it.

1) GT1, GT2, GT3, EP, FP, AS, T1, T2, ITE
    2) GTL, GP, HP, T3, SSB, SSC, SM,
    3) ITR, ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, IT7
    4) FA, F1000, FE, CSR, DSR
    5) FC, FF, FV, SRF,

you can play around with that depending on how the entries turn out, and even combine groups #2 and #3, but you probably wouldn't want to since you'd likely be combining the two biggest run groups. if there aren't any Atlantics or tunneled CSR/DSR (which is likely), you can combine 4 and 5.

i think getting the ol podium out and getting pictures would add a fun element also. basically winners circle like at the RO without the TV/Interview stuff.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I think the schedule was finished up last night, the dates were relayed to me over the phone. I realize that does not help anyone because I left the sheet I wrote them down on at home. It should be posted shortly.

If the dBl points & a single points race are included on the same weekend wouldn't you want the Double race on Sunday. I read that to say they both would be for MidAM points.

BTW, The guys running ARRC & IT Fest are looking for committee people for their triple crown awards. It includes the MidAm at this point. One of you guys should step and be the MidDiv rep.
    Mac Spikes

We'll be looking for this closely too. Trey and I will probably hit the first part of the schedule pretty hard. I am stepping up to run some nationals just for fun and Trey will stay in IT7/ITA.

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
    If the dBl points & a single points race are included on the same weekend wouldn't you want the Double race on Sunday. I read that to say they both would be for MidAM points.

BTW, The guys running ARRC & IT Fest are looking for committee people for their triple crown awards. It includes the MidAm at this point. One of you guys should step and be the MidDiv rep.

if the HPT double are both for points, i absolutely agree. what's involved in being on the triple crown committee?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Go up to that thread and ask. They asked me last year, but I wasn't sure if I was running MidDiv in 08 at the time. I told them "Mr Laid Back" Tnord would be good for 09. If MidAm"s schedule is going to continued to be screwed up like last year they should use IT Tour and / or.
    Mac Spikes

i've seen the preliminary schedule, and it's a good one in my opinion. it'll work well for you too, as it gives you some time between races so you don't have to haul up here 3 of 4 weekends or anything like that.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Quote Originally Posted by mustanghammer View Post

Remember, one of the days will be the Mid Am Bonus race. The other day should provide single MidAm points too because KVRG/HPT is only hosting two Regionals this year.
    MidAm rules state that the weekend that has the double points race can not hold another points race during that weekend.
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C