Thread: ITB - what a bunch of crap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    OK, just wanted to get your attention.

I had resisted the assertion that ITB was the 'new ITA' - but heck, this class is really redifining itself into something special. Accords, Civic's, CRX's, Volvo's, Golfs, 924's, BMW's, Audi's, Preludes, a freakin' gorgeous Alfa...

Awesome guys. Awesome. Add in Scott, The Canadians, the Blethens, Beren, Boo-hee - and oh-snap is that a showdown.

ITS seems to be the class that is static now...only 12 starters at the ARRC? Diverse yes (top 6 were all different models), but is it quality over quantity? Thoughts?
    You mean there are classes where winning a trophy isn't a given?? Maybe it's the nature of the economy and how hard we were hit, but the last couple of years has seen some major shrinkage in the paddock. If you want to run aginst more than 2 others in your class, your options are limited to: SRF, SP (because of all the American Stockcar Racers), Pro7, SM, and by extension ITA. Even classes like Pro7, which has it's own run group, is at like 5-7 regular cars. Imagine flagging for a five car run group, we got two minute worker breaks every lap.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    You mean there are classes where winning a trophy isn't a given?? Maybe it's the nature of the economy and how hard we were hit, but the last couple of years has seen some major shrinkage in the paddock. If you want to run aginst more than 2 others in your class, your options are limited to: SRF, SP (because of all the American Stockcar Racers), Pro7, SM, and by extension ITA. Even classes like Pro7, which has it's own run group, is at like 5-7 regular cars. Imagine flagging for a five car run group, we got two minute worker breaks every lap.
    Wow. Where are you racing? That's a dang shame. 15-20 car ITS and ITA fields in New England wer the norm for 2008. ITB grew this year. ITR sees 3-5 cars and ITC 1-2.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Wow. Where are you racing? That's a dang shame. 15-20 car ITS and ITA fields in New England wer the norm for 2008. ITB grew this year. ITR sees 3-5 cars and ITC 1-2.
    Southern California, heart of the mortgage meltdown. I'm even concerned, and haven't been racing while I spend to rebuild.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    Southern California, heart of the mortgage meltdown. I'm even concerned, and haven't been racing while I spend to rebuild.
    LOL... welcome to the recession... we've been waiting for you! (Michigan's way ahead of you, been there for YEARS... Ohio too...)

As for the rest on ITB... talk is cheap, lap times aren't...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

What Andy, is the 1.6 getting move to ITB?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

ITB is so diverse, it would be cool to build something for sure...for me, it has to be RWD so the 924 and the MR2 would be the most viable. Wishing there was a Mazda-based choice! We would have a driver in there fo-sho!

Hey Ray-Ray, why don't you try ITA?
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 11-14-2008 at 09:28 AM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

There are Mazda based choices. Mazda 323, 626, and the MX-6. I know, not RWD.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

ITB is so diverse, it would be cool to build something for sure...for me, it has to be RWD so the 924 and the MR2 would be the most viable. Wishing there was a Mazda-based choice! We would have a driver in there fo-sho!

Well had you moved the 1st gen RX-7 to ITB...
    Last edited by lateapex911; 11-14-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling and clarity
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Hey Andy,

The old Raymond/Fletcher/Sirota '85 MR2 is for sale again for a giveaway price. 2-time Solo national champ car, nice and light too. Pretty solid, still street-driven, but needs paint badly.

Come on, you know you want it, you can't turn down a car with a pedigree!
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

I want a chance to win and my girlfriend says that I cant drive a "ghey" car...

Not to mention I think ITB has a lot more realistic competition week to week, although Beran is making it tough... We did have an oportunity to pick up a 2nd gen MR2 for ITA and thought real hard to build it together (Stephen and I) but we just didn't have the $$$ to build it right.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com