Thread: ITB - what a bunch of crap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

is there a reason we can't have published in a clear format the "process"?
    Is the process the ITAC uses at least documented enough so that new people who come onto the ITAC board would have a solid understanding how cars are classed, and come to very close weights (not meaning within 100 lbs)? I have to imagine you also need to provide documentation to the BOD on what process is being used, no? If not, these are issues that need to be addressed now.

I imagine some of the process documentation is a bit rough, but it sure would be a good exercise for your group, future groups that eventually take your positions, and to fellow Improved Touring racers. I recognize that some things in the process may involve subjectivity, but even then you can give a brief summary of what you're looking at and how it could impact the classification. <waiting for Kirk to reply with a detailed list >
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Generally speaking it is:

stock horsepower X expected percentage gain in IT trim X target power to weight ratio for the class + subjective adders (or subtractors)

I only know the target pw/weight for ITS off the top of me head: 12.9.

So, for my car, currently classed at 2560, the process is:

133 x 1.25 (25% is the default expected gain) = 166 x. 12.9 = 2144!

2144! Let's add in the max adder for torque (100 lbs) and ignore the live rear axle, front struts and drum brakes.

2244! Or, 316 lbs less than process weight. You'd think I'd be leading the charge here.....but I'm not. Why? Because the process wasn't designed to fix EVERY problem, just the glaring ones.

If we are going to apply the process to every car, we are going to have to do serious tweaking to it to avoid major crapisasters.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8