Thread: ITB - what a bunch of crap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jeff,
    How many V8s are actually classed in IT?
    Yours and what else?

So maybe there is a V* adder that takes the TQ into account. I dunno.
    But using a rare outlier as an example of how things could be dorked up is not really the way things ought to be approached IMO.

And Bob, I wouldn't hesitate to apply for that position you vacate except that my job and crazy work hours would likely make me an absent member of the committee. Don't see how that would do any good.
    But I'd be glad, as I mentioned before, to do plenty of research and math. I've done it before, and I personally don't find it to be all that hard or that big of a deal.

300 cars isn't a big deal if you have 20 or 30 people doing the research. I don't see an issue getting that involvement, and multiple people have volunteered in this thread.
    Yet... The "we all have day jobs" thing keeps coming up.

Take the help and get the work done, or get the work done without the help. Excuses for not doing the work are NOT serving the membership, and the main goal of the ITAC (or any committee) should be to serve the membership.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

The ITR ponies are coming.

But it's not just V8s. I see the following issues:

1. ALL low hp/high torque motors create issues with the current process. It's not just my car. 325e in ITA will be a super overdog if "processed." The 3.8 liter GM cars might. The AMC Spirit (there is actually one of those runing here in the SEDiv).

2. All of the subjective factors (torque, suspension, brakes, etc.).

3. The expected % gain in IT trim.

All issues.

I'm not opposed to doing this, I just think it needs to be done carefully or it will screw up something that, whether out of luck or planning, is pretty good right now.

I do think the RX8 and V8 pony debates should be used as case studies on how hard applying the process to a SINGLE car can be, and how much "me" noise you will get from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Jeff,
    Yours and what else?

But using a rare outlier as an example of how things could be dorked up is not really the way things ought to be approached IMO.

And Bob, I wouldn't hesitate to apply for that position you vacate except that my job and crazy work hours would likely make me an absent member of the committee. Don't see how that would do any good.
    But I'd be glad, as I mentioned before, to do plenty of research and math. I've done it before, and I personally don't find it to be all that hard or that big of a deal.

300 cars isn't a big deal if you have 20 or 30 people doing the research. I don't see an issue getting that involvement, and multiple people have volunteered in this thread.

Take the help and get the work done, or get the work done without the help. Excuses for not doing the work are NOT serving the membership, and the main goal of the ITAC (or any committee) should be to serve the membership.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Jeff,
    Yours and what else?

Scott,
    You have helped the ITAC many times before and we do appreciate it. I work crazy hours too and so do many others along with racing. It just comes down to commitment and if somebody really wants to help better the club or not and if so find a way to do it. This is not an excuse on why not to run all the cars it just the facts is all. Yes 300 hundred cars is not a big deal IF all the information is avavialble!! If we have VTS sheets and the factory shop manual if makes things MUCH easier. Usually we could do 4 or 5 per call plus deal with all the other letters.
    Believe me no one is not doing the work on the committee. We all spend hours every month doing research and getting feedback, posting to the ITAC site to hash out issues and preparing for our monthly conference call. I think we do a very good job of serving the members. IT is much better off than many of the other classes in SCCA. Look at all the issues in Prod,S2000,FC,SS and Sports racing. We don't have nearly any of those issues. The rules are stable. That is a Big, big plus.

Bob Clark