Thread: ITB - what a bunch of crap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    I would say that (start with top 5 in each class) is effectively what was done, just what, 2 years ago?

Maybe it's time to move to the next five and do it as you suggest, in small steps.

It is my understanding that all new cars are not classed at a +/- 5 lbs level of accuracy, they are classed at a 100% by the process level of accuracy. To the extent an equation that has as many subjective factors as the process can be said to be 100% accurate.

I do think focusing on a few cars at a time might address my biggest concern. If we do ALL at once, we are going to make more mistakes because a lot of people are going to be arguing for expected hp gain percentages and subjective adders/subtractors solely out of self interest.

Example? Look how hard it was and how long it took to class TWO cars: the RX8 and the V8 ponies in ITR.
    No. They were all run through the process with a 200# window at the end. That is exactly the correction that I am suggesting, rather than trying to make the whole process more accurate (which we should continue to do), why not just throw away the added variable that only ADDS to how far off we can end up.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Chris, that is not correct. And that's part of the problem (not pointing fingers, I'm just saying that there is a lot of incorrect information out there about what happened with the Great Realignment).

There was no "200 lb window" at the end. SOME cars that appeared to be within 100 lbs of the process weight either way were left as is, and the process was not applied to them.

We keep hearing about a "margin of error" in the process. There (supposedly) isn't one, although Scott correctly points out the math does appear wrong on a few cars. Either the car was within the 100 lb window and the process was not applied, or it was outside the window and it was and its weight corrected in accordance with the process.

No one ran the process on a car and then "fudged" the number 200 lbs either way on top of the weight the process already determined.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8