Thread: Hey Jeff Young.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by spawpoet View Post
    Ron, what are the details on the older Z-car?? My uncle just unloaded one of his EP Datsun 2000, and this might be of interest to him.
    Damn Chris, ya beat me to it (you need to go back to work)

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Smith View Post
    Not too interested in that old of a Z. They are great cars, but it's getting hard to find stuff for a 20 year old 240sx! I don't want to know what it's like for a Z of that vintage, ha.
    It's a way of life. You just have to spend your life on the interwebs. (see above... and he already has a warehouse full of the damn things)

edit: dog gone... check it out, I have senior member status on this web site
    Last edited by mom'sZ; 11-10-2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: goofing around

Tristan I have the '86 300ZX still. Now that I am re-assembling the 944 I might unload it. It runs well, needs two Koni shocks, or rebuild them. It's all legal and up to date. I got hit in Kershaw in the RF wheel and it broke the strut and bent up the fender but I have the parts to repair them.

Let me know if you're intersted. It's a pretty good car now that I got the bugs worked out - probably good for 1:44 at RA with new tires.
    timo

Thanks Tim, but I have found a 300zx. The build will commence shortly. It's a 1991 Z32 zx.
    Last edited by Tristan Smith; 12-05-2008 at 06:27 PM.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Excellent! Slicktop and with an engine?

In a couple of years, I'll need some advice from you. Good luck with the build..can't wait to see the car.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

nice! More ITR cars the better!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Yep, found a slicktop, with a motor. I have to fix some body damgae, but it's not too terrible. I am looking forward to the build. I will probably just run the motor as is for a while, to see what this beast will be like. I am excited about the project.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Tristan, wish I had seen this thread earlier. The old ITS 300ZX that was built by Larry Stepp and later owned by Mike Fitzgerald is languishing unloved beside the OPM Autosports shop. A lot of the goodies have disappeared over the years, but the basic car is still all there and good to rebuild from. I'd give Tom a call over there and see what the deal is.

I recall the old Steve McCarley "Udder Car" being around as well. There was talk of rebuilding the car for historics, but this car is pretty well worn out and may only be suitable for parts. If interested, I am sure I can locate Steve and find out about it.
    Last edited by bobpink; 12-10-2008 at 01:43 PM.
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA (sort of)
    ITS Honda Prelude