Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News Updates ??

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    any pictures??? I am very curious on what was found illegal...
    Dude, you gotta step out from under that rock once in a while... This is an issue that's been beaten to DEATH over the last few years. It's only now that someone has decided to toss paper at it to resolve it once and for all.

Here's some links for you to read to get up to speed:

IT Fest Discussion
    http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=19282

Pre-discussion on the issue before we submitted a GCR 8.1.4 Request
    http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread.php?t=19470

The Submission (with photos)
    http://www.project-seven.goof.com/cai.pdf

This request, unfortunately, was not resolved prior to the ARRC, thus the protest. I expect (hope, actually) that the Mosers appeal, thus forcing a final, definitive decision from Topeka on the issue. Just because the Atlanta Region (IMO correctly) decided it was illegal, does not make it binding nationwide.

And, can we PLEASE not debate this issue again? At least, not in this ARRC thread; if you want to debate it, please start another topic in rules and Regs or you can just re-open one of the other exhaustive threads...

GA

Quote Originally Posted by 924Guy View Post
    Congrats also to Aaron Stehley and Kevin Ruck for winning the ITTC for ITB and ITA, respectively (IIRC)! Also to Chris Schaafmsa for taking 2nd in the ITB ITTC!

I woulda been 3rd, 'cept I never got around to running a Divisional race...
    Thanks Vaughn! I had a blast racing with you, it felt really good that I could run with one of the top dogs like yourself!!! good luck on getting the car back together!

This season has been an amazing one for me, and I would like to thank Steve Hendricks and Tom Daly from Westside VW, because of their generosity and help, the helped make my ARRC dream and ITTC dreams come true.

I look forward to next year and the ITTC races!

Well done, Aaron!

K

I heard the ITC scirocco got DQ. Anybody the story there?

Quote Originally Posted by ssc25 View Post
    I heard the ITC scirocco got DQ. Anybody the story there?
    I heard it have machine marks more than 1 inch in the intake opening in the head.
    ITA 78 Sentra SE-R

Default Sorry I missed it.

Sounds like it was a fun weekend.... Except for the 924... hope its an easy fix.

Any track records broken this year?
    Beran
    Beran Peter
    ITB #0 NER
    VW Golf

Naw, you're safe for another year, Beran...

Looks like the cage did help on keeping my car straight... bottom of the a-pillar (passenger side) appears to be tucked in maybe an inch. Still, drove it to the podium, then onto the trailer, then into the garage! Well, after I shoveled all the snow off it...

Will have plenty of good video and pics, I'm sure, once we sort through it all...

My condolences also to Sam Moore, who hit me - not sure exactly how it went down, but he really took the short end of the stick, coming in on a flatbed... should've had a top 5 finish instead.

Great drive by Aaron to keep the pressure on... Deuce had an easy DE session out of it, with Schaafsma and me out of the equation... won't be so easy next year!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Sorry I missed the races Sat. I was looking forward to shooting pics. Family obligations got in the way. Looks like there were some real close battles in ITS.

Aaron - you need to update your sig, 2008 ITTC winner!!!

I'd like to extend some thanks, too - To my All-Greg crew, crew chief Gregg Grooters and crew Greg Luckinbill, my wife Merritt, sponsors 4M Industries and Munk's Motors... but also once again to Gregg Baker and ISAAC for keeping my head on straight again! I watched the video again, looked at the data of the hit, and am really amazed how hard a hit both me and the car took, yet kept running.

With a day to put between me and that hit, I have to admit I'm still a little off my usual pace, not feeling 100% - no strain or pain on the neck or back, but the brain seems just a little woozy! I'm sure glad SCCA still allows me to wear my ISAAC - I don't think my HANS would've done much for me in that hit... I have NO reservations linking this chart from isaacdirect.com:
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Man what a great weekend.

First qualifying was interesting with a broken rear brake line, and a carpet level pedal, but the trans breaking is what kept me out of Q2.

The race was a blast for the first 4 or 5 laps. It felt awesome to get up the hill with a few car lengths clear of everyone, and then get a great exit off 7. It felt less great to have Duece get around me before the braking zone in 10. He led that first lap and every other with a great drive. Peter got around me when I came down the hill next to Deuce, didn't get it done and left my straight speed up on the hill with the correct line. I finally worked my way back around Peter and promptly spun the car in 3 trying to take just a little more of the curbing (really missing those Q2 laps now). Got into the wet grass and the tires on driver right.

Circulated thereafter with 1" toe out, and finished 5th. I'm pretty dissappointed with myself, because if I had just relaxed and used the same line, I had a great shot at the ITTC. Congratulations to Deuce and Aaron on their accomplishments, and congratulations to Vaughan for the spin/wreck/podium performance. You guys are a blast to race with.

I came home with lots of motivation, but also lots of work to do. The RR got bent badly with 50min to go on Sunday when the black rabbit came out of the pits, went up the hill, and tried to move left to set up for 3 after Chuck was 2/3 past him. 30 deg of toe out indicates something might be bent

See you at IT Fest!
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Chris, that's a hell of a drive especially since you missed Q2 AND it was your first time at the track. Nice job!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I left out a huge part now that I re-read. Vaughan passed me on the back straight on the same lap that Peter did. I hounded him for a few laps and dove under him in 7. My LR and his RF bumper touched as I tracked out. He got off in the dirt and got loose, coming across in front of Sam in the Volvo. A large hit ensued, spinning Vaughan and sending Sam into the concrete. Vaughan did a fantastic job of keeping his head and staying in the race, and it shows with his podium finish.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

Cheers!

I still have no idea why the car turned on me after we touched... I was clearly driving back on, in the video, then it just hooks a hard right... later in the race I ran wide there on my own accord, as we all have on occasion, and it was zero drama rolling right back on track...
    Last edited by 924Guy; 11-11-2008 at 11:04 AM.
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

I see the same thing in the rear mirror of my video. I'll watch it again and see if I see any answers...
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd