Thread: ARRC Entrants!! New Driver's Suit Rules!!!

Default ARRC Entrants!! New Driver's Suit Rules!!!

I wanted to blast out to everyone, in a separate thread, that there is a new driver's suit rule, effective 11/1/08. It is as below.

I don't know what Atlanta Region may do about this; if they only ask you to bring your helmet they may not catch it, but in the past they've asked to see your entire suit. But, if you do not have a suit that meets the new rules, you will probably be barred from competition!!

Good luck to all!! - Greg

Driving suits that effectively cover the body from the neck to the ankles and wrists. One piece suits are highly recommended. All suits shall bear an SFI 3.2A/1 or higher certification label or FIA 1986 Standard or FIA Standard 8856-2000 homologation label. Underwear of fire resistant material shall be used, but is optional with suits carrying an FIA 1986 Standard or FIA Standard 8856-2000 label or SFI 3-2A/5 or higher (e.g.,/10, /15, /20) certification label.
    Examples of each of the labels or patches are shown below. These are not the only forms, but are typical of what compliant suits should display. (In the case of the FIA 1986 Standard, the national member of the FIA will vary depending on the country of origin – the examples include one from ACCUS, for the US, and two from CSAI, for Italy.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really nice Greg you just alerted all the ATL region officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I wanted to blast out to everyone, in a separate thread, that there is a new driver's suit rule, effective 11/1/08. It is as below.

I don't know what Atlanta Region may do about this; if they only ask you to bring your helmet they may not catch it, but in the past they've asked to see your entire suit. But, if you do not have a suit that meets the new rules, you will probably be barred from competition!!

Good luck to all!! - Greg
    Driving suits that effectively cover the body from the neck to the ankles and wrists. One piece suits are highly recommended. All suits shall bear an SFI 3.2A/1 or higher certification label or FIA 1986 Standard or FIA Standard 8856-2000 homologation label. Underwear of fire resistant material shall be used, but is optional with suits carrying an FIA 1986 Standard or FIA Standard 8856-2000 label or SFI 3-2A/5 or higher (e.g.,/10, /15, /20) certification label.
    Examples of each of the labels or patches are shown below. These are not the only forms, but are typical of what compliant suits should display. (In the case of the FIA 1986 Standard, the national member of the FIA will vary depending on the country of origin – the examples include one from ACCUS, for the US, and two from CSAI, for Italy.)
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dominojd View Post
    Really nice Greg you just alerted all the ATL region officials.
    Where do you think I got the alert FROM d**b-*ss...? I'm a licensed tech inspector, remember...?

Come on Greg, its WAYYY better to tow several hours to the track hoping the safety people at the race track you are going to are too stupid to have read the rule book.

Jim Barnsley, Streetwise Service
    WCMA IT2 Neon Twincam
    2009/2010 Regional and Alberta IT2 Champion
    2009 Regional Overall Champion. Second this year, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    I'm a licensed tech inspector, remember...?
    Yeah I remember, don't know how that happened though.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion