Since you're coming from the north, you'll most likely want to take the exit for Georgia 153 (Exit #129) and go right at the top of the ramp. The track is about three miles down on the left. You'll know you're 'bout there when you see the Lanier short oval on your right. When you get off I-85 there'll be a Cracker Barrel and a Wendy's and a couple of other places to eat right there.

From the track, you'd turn right to go back up here. Or you can turn left and go down Ga 53 to Oakwood. You'll find grocery stores and a variety of food places from fast food on up. Gainesville is only a few minutes drive from the track, but I'm not familiar with it.

I don't know if it's officially sanctioned, but I've seen people walk the track before in the evenings. You might not be able to enter the property until 1730 or after, so you might have to take a flashlight on your track walk.

Crew/wife arriving late shouldn't be any problem. Let them know at registration. You'll probably have to meet them at the gate and lead them back to your paddock space. The paddock is sort of maze-like. The gate is manned 24x7. If they miss registration, they'll have to sign a waiver at the gate and go to registration in the morning.

The paddock is likely to be packed completely solid, since the ARRC is usually very well attended. You might consider parking the RV outside the paddock, like on the top of the hill at the Turn 10A/B "chicane" and the T11 bridge, or closer to the paddock, if they'll let you. I don't know if there's a charge for that, but there probably is.