Thread: Would an Alfa GTV V6 be hopeless in ITS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I own one (well actually it's for sale). It's a fun track day car, but I can't see it being competitive in ITS. Replacement body panels are very hard to find also. Before you do anything with it, make sure you replace the timing belt and tensioner unless you have documentation that it's been done recently. It's the Alfa V6's achille's heel.
    Troy Marcella
    1985 Spec RX-7

Thanks for the feedback guys....

I'm not afraid of running in ITS after more than a decade in IT/A, and will probably build a 325 for that at some point anyway (fully prepped). If the Alfa would fit, I thought I'd try it, but looks like we'll put in a new timing belt, gut it good and just make it a trackday fun car... Hopefully if we lemons it we can keep it straight. I've run two lemons already and was competitive (without hitting anybody), so not too worried about hurting it.

hi!

there are typically two Alfas that run with EMRA here in the northeast; one is a GTV6, and the other is a Milano 3.0. i've got to say, they sound incredible at full song!!!!! i personally really like the look of the GTV6; its RWD, and has a 2.5 V6, overhead cams and 5 speed tranny; i'd think with some $ and development it could do well.... the downside would be finding parts at a reasonable price....

good luck!
    todd

The Milano Verde looks good, but I doubt any of the other Alfa's stand a chance. None have been run through the new process as is obvious since the Milano 2.5 and Verde are the same weight.