Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Date for 2009 I.T.SPEC*tacular set

Quote Originally Posted by dominojd View Post
    I say we go for a all non honda podium next year.
    With a Pro striaght it could happen. My Neon can get real wide in the back part of the track..........
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Yea - I gotta vote "BOO" for the pro course. Not real happy to hear that. (Probably won't keep me from coming, but "BOO"!) God intended Mid-Ohio to be run in the club course configuration.... (Low power Hondas don't like the pro course config. )
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
    Yea - I gotta vote "BOO" for the pro course. Not real happy to hear that. (Probably won't keep me from coming, but "BOO"!) God intended Mid-Ohio to be run in the club course configuration.... (Low power Hondas don't like the pro course config. )
    Never ran the Pro, so I look forward to trying it.
    And if it gets me closer to hitting Downing in the bumper, well that's just the cherry on top......
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Steve,

The only chance you have to hit my bumper is if I'm coming around to lap you...
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
    God intended Mid-Ohio to be run in the club course configuration.... (Low power Hondas don't like the pro course config. )
    Your forgetting, GOD IS A PRO!!!!!!!!!!:cool: Kick that rice grinder in the ass and you'll be 2 seconds faster than on the club course.

I am a bit faster, but catching the higher HP cars is easier with the 2/3 combo there...
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

To all,

I know that some of you have become concerned about the possibility of Prod cars coming to the 2009 edition of the I.T.SPEC*tacular. I want to reassure you that we are exploring this possibility to shore up the SRF race group which many of you have noticed isn't exactly bursting at the seams. If decided upon the race group would consist of SRF, HP, EP and FP. The only other thing is that GTA has been invited and will be running in with the ground pounders. That group will consist of ITE, TCC, AS, GTA. The decision that needs to be made with this is where do we move ITR?

Todd
    Last edited by TAC; 11-11-2008 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    To all,

I know that some of you have become concerned about the possibility of Prod cars coming to the 2009 edition of the I.T.SPEC*tacular. I want to reassure you that we are exploring this possibility to shore up the SRF race group which many of you have noticed isn't exactly bursting at the seams. If decided upon the race group would consist of SRF, HP, EP and FP. The only other thing is that GTA has been invited and will be running in with the ground pounders. That group will consist of ITE, TCC, AS, GTA. The decision that needs to be made with this is where do we move ITR?

Todd
    Todd,
    It might help if you also post the the proposed run groups for 2009.
    Dan

Cool

Being November its still subject to some major changes for the non-I.T. race groups.

Major unknown factors:

1. Southbend/WMR is holding a National at Gratten two weeks before our event with a proposed Formula Car restricted regional. This could effect whether the EWC and GLC would like to return to our event depending on their schedule.

2. We are not sure of the outcome of the NASA championship move to Utah and how that will effect the NASA (Great Lakes region, a.k.a. Ohio/Indiana) activity at Mid Ohio. With the I.T.SPEC*tacular being able to accommodate many of the "big bore" classes in ITE the class may be way larger than the 6 entries we had in 2008.

3. Butch Kummer figures that the GTA class may be around 15 cars. This could certainly go higher.

So here are the options I see. Please don't take the run order or options as being set in stone. BTW, still the same format and 2 hrs of track time.

Option 1

SM, SSM
    ITR,ITA,IT7
    ITS,ITB,ITC
    ITE,TCC,AS,GTA
    SRF, PROD CLASSES
    FF,CFF,CFC,FC

Option 2 ( If the formula guys opt out and GTA comes in mass)

SM,SSM
    ITA,IT7,ITC
    ITS,ITB
    ITR,ITE,TCC,AS
    SRF,PROD CLASSES
    GTA

Option 3 ( If the formula guys opt out and ITE comes in mass )

SM,SSM
    ITR,ITA,IT7
    ITS,ITB,ITC
    TCC,AS,GTA
    SRF,PROD CLASSES
    ITE

Option 4 ( If the formula guys opt out and a larger I.T. class commits 30 cars)

SM, SSM
    TCC,AS,GTA,ITE
    SRF, PROD CLASSES
    *ITS, ITB, ITC
    *ITA, IT7, ITR
    (*ITA or ITS top 30 cars)

There are other options of course but these are the senario's that Imho, are most likely to happen. If anyone has some other "constructive" options please let me know. I am always willing to hear from you guys. Welcome to my winter months.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    It might help if you also post the the proposed run groups for 2009.
    Yeah, whomever gets stuck with Spec Miata needs time to lobby for a change...

On Edit: In case you missed the smilies: JUST KIDDING, TRAVIS.

Probably.

Man. Now I really need to figure out how to get my car to handle better down the straights.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Being November its still subject to some major changes for the non-I.T. race groups.

Major unknown factors:

1. Southbend/WMR is holding a National at Gratten two weeks before our event with a proposed Formula Car restricted regional. This could effect whether the EWC and GLC would like to return to our event depending on their schedule.

2. We are not sure of the outcome of the NASA championship move to Utah and how that will effect the NASA (Great Lakes region, a.k.a. Ohio/Indiana) activity at Mid Ohio. With the I.T.SPEC*tacular being able to accommodate many of the "big bore" classes in ITE the class may be way larger than the 6 entries we had in 2008.

3. Butch Kummer figures that the GTA class may be around 15 cars. This could certainly go higher.

So here are the options I see. Please don't take the run order or options as being set in stone. BTW, still the same format and 2 hrs of track time.

Option 1

SM, SSM
    ITR,ITA,IT7
    ITS,ITB,ITC
    ITE,TCC,AS,GTA
    SRF, PROD CLASSES
    FF,CFF,CFC,FC

Option 2 ( If the formula guys opt out and GTA comes in mass)

SM,SSM
    ITA,IT7,ITC
    ITS,ITB
    ITR,ITE,TCC,AS
    SRF,PROD CLASSES
    GTA

Option 3 ( If the formula guys opt out and ITE comes in mass )

SM,SSM
    ITR,ITA,IT7
    ITS,ITB,ITC
    TCC,AS,GTA
    SRF,PROD CLASSES
    ITE

Option 4 ( If the formula guys opt out and a larger I.T. class commits 30 cars)

SM, SSM
    TCC,AS,GTA,ITE
    SRF, PROD CLASSES
    *ITS, ITB, ITC
    *ITA, IT7, ITR
    (*ITA or ITS top 30 cars)

There are other options of course but these are the senario's that Imho, are most likely to happen. If anyone has some other "constructive" options please let me know. I am always willing to hear from you guys. Welcome to my winter months.

Todd
    You know we all appreciate the work you do Todd!!!

My opinion. ITR and ITA is not such a great mix from the races we've had this year. I would think it would be glaring at a track like Mid O. It would probably be similar to Pocono where they kill the ITA cars down the straights and hold 'em up in the infield.

No offense to the ITR guys, and just my opinon.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Split grid DEFINITELY makes the ITB/ITS combo do-able... I think the speed disparity there works better than mixing with ITA? Or maybe not... hard to say...

I'm guessing 1 or 4 will be the most likely distributions...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    You know we all appreciate the work you do Todd!!!

My opinion. ITR and ITA is not such a great mix from the races we've had this year. I would think it would be glaring at a track like Mid O. It would probably be similar to Pocono where they kill the ITA cars down the straights and hold 'em up in the infield.

No offense to the ITR guys, and just my opinon.
    No offence taken.:cool: I'm sure we understand your concerns and it's the same concerns that I have with regional ITE, AS....etc. A split start might help. From what I did last year, I'm hoping to be at least a full second faster than ITA & ITS. I doubt if there will be hoards of ITR cars also. Something to think about.

I'll keep working on it. Simple math solves all problems. If 10% of the 2000 registered I.T. drivers that make up Cen-Div, GLDiv, NEDiv, SEDiv,MidDiv. were to show up it would make life easier.

Here's hoping it will happen by the 25th anniversary of I.T. in 2011.

BTW, I.T. attendance

Todd

Todd, as an aside, thanks for trekking all the way to Atlanta to flag and do the ITTC administrative and awards thing. Your devotion to things IT is appreciated!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Todd, as an aside, thanks for trekking all the way to Atlanta to flag and do the ITTC administrative and awards thing. Your devotion to things IT is appreciated!
    Jake,

And thank you for taking Fred Whites trophy and prize home. Remember if he doesn't claim it in 30 days its yours. j.

Todd

I'll keep working on it. Simple math solves all problems. If 10% of the 2000 registered I.T. drivers that make up Cen-Div, GLDiv, NEDiv, SEDiv,MidDiv. were to show up it would make life easier.

Here's hoping it will happen by the 25th anniversary of I.T. in 2011.

BTW, I.T. attendance

Todd
    21% increase

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    21% increase
    Yep,

Add those who had to drop out because of various issues and its probably closer to 25%. Very positive numbers.

To all,

For those of you who haven't floated by the RoadRaceAutoX forums lately there has been a discussion going about adopting SEDiv./Atlanta region ITO/ITU class rules or some other 'Over"/ "Under" to allow NASA folks that want to run to do so.

Just keeping inquiring minds informed.

Todd