Thread: Door gutting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Door gutting

Carpets, center consoles, floor mats, headliners, sun roof liner and frame, dome lights, grab handles, and their insulating, attaching or operating mechanisms may be removed. Door interior trim panels may be replaced with 0.060” aluminum securely attached to the door. All other interior trim panels, except the dashboard, may be removed. Other than to provide for the installation of required safety equipment or other authorized
    modifications, no other driver/passenger compartment alterations or gutting are permitted.

I have read the rule above over and over again I get no answer from what I am reading. Are we allowed to take the window and the window regulator out of the doors? This might be a dumb question but I need to know for prepping my car. My educated guess is that the window should be removed for safety but regulators I do not have the slightest clue. Also do you have to put 0.060" aluminum panels on the doors after you remove the factory door panels? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jwesleyc3; 10-31-2008 at 03:51 PM.