Thread: Enduro pit stop question

Default Enduro pit stop question

I just want to make sure I have this right.

Pit stops will be monitored by making sure that the two laps surrounding the pit stop total more than 2x fastest lap + 4min 14sec. Seems odd that it is not using 5min 14sec as the adder, so I want to double check.

Here is what is stated in the supps:
    6. Pit Stops: There shall be at least two (2) mandatory five (5) minute pit stops. Additionally, any other fuel stop shall be five (5) minutes in duration. Any pit stop may not commence until at least one (1) lap after the green flag starting the race or less than six (6) minutes prior to the checkered flag. The official Timing & Scoring results will be used to determine the fastest race lap for each competitor. The 40 mph traverse time for pit road at Road Atlanta is 14 seconds. Lap charts will be examined to ascertain that each competitor did have at least two laps equal to their best lap time plus four minutes and fourteen seconds.
    7. Pit Stop Penalities: The minimum penalty for each short pit stop shall be assessed in this order:
    1 to 30 seconds = 2 laps
    31 to 60 seconds = 3 laps
    60 to 120 seconds = 4 laps

Pit stops short by more than 120 seconds (or no pit stop), minimum penalty is to be moved to last place in class.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

I'm sure that's just a typo and will be addressed now that you have pointed it out. Last year the stops were only 4 minutes, so that accidentally got carried over.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBowie View Post
    I'm sure that's just a typo and will be addressed now that you have pointed it out. Last year the stops were only 4 minutes, so that accidentally got carried over.
    What he said. Last year's stops were only 4 minutes, so I imagine when they were changing it over to 5 this year, they forgot to change the wording to "five minutes and fourteen seconds".
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

What Bowie and Kevin said. In other words:

"Thank you for your input." :eek:
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Glad I could help.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Just out of curiousity - why why why does anyone require mandatory pit stops in an enduro? Nevermind two.

Quote Originally Posted by MMiskoe View Post
    Just out of curiousity - why why why does anyone require mandatory pit stops in an enduro? Nevermind two.
    It is a holdover from our local "short" enduro series. (90 minute races) that encourages ride-sharing, adds an element of strategy, etc. Especially for this race, it is used to give the ARRC folks an extra event, so putting in a couple of pit stops to remove the advantage of a "real" enduro car (like Kirk's Golf "Pablo" that can go 3.5 hours on a tank) keeps with the spirit.

For "real" long enduros (over 3-4 hours) I think pit stops should be open, but I like the mandatory format for short ones.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata