We have a regional message board?

I don't think there's often a number collision problem by the time cars get on the track, but it definitely happens sometimes. Tim would know better. And that's right, we don't use the "ought" numbers in SFR.

As far as the program, it definitely sounds like fun. I really like Cal Speedway, it is a unique experience compared to our tracks ... not so wild about Buttonwillow, mostly due to the lack of a town and acceptible lodging, but at least it's only 4 hours away.

Would you expect our board to do anything to promote this thing? I already asked them to participate in the ITTC this year, and that wasn't exactly a huge success, it drew essentially zero additional entries. Perhaps the advertising wasn't great, maybe the Thunderhill location wasn't great, etc ... but I don't want to go to the board without some good ammo. If it's "unofficial" and the region doesn't need to do anything, then of course, let's just give it a go and see what happens.

It'll be a couple of months before I'm willing to commit to anything specific for next season, but with this simple program, I might be willing to participate. I hate having to trade off weekends between our championship series and "extracurricular" events ... and I don't really want to add more weekends to the schedule! But I guess two additional weekends isn't too much to ask ...