Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
Right now there's virtually zero crossover between SoCal and NorCal IT drivers. Why would there be? Both areas have three great local tracks (Of course, I personally think ours are better!)

I'm not sure you can convince IT drivers to travel further away regularly, especially when there are already a lot of weekends on the local schedule. Of course, I'd LOVE it if some ITR cars had some incentive to come up and visit!)

As far as the car numbers in SFR, your permanent number is reserved at each race until 10 days (I think) prior. If you haven't registered by then, then your number may be assigned to someone else. So for those without a permanent number, it is sometimes the case that you won't find out your number until a few days to go. The entry form asks for your top 3 choices, so ... prepare appropriately.
Quote Originally Posted by racer_tim View Post
Belmont to Willows is 161 miles

Belmont to Buttonwillow is 256 miles

So that's about a 4 hour tow, instead of a 3 hour tow to TH

As far as numbers go, with soo many of the SM's running in both Group 1 as either ITX or ITE, or in Group 5 as ITA, or in their own Group 7, it's a crap shoot.

This is also why we see some terrible numbers on most of these cars, since they can't have the same number in all 3 groups.

Best suggestion, is get a whole bunch of magnetic type numbers, and change on the fly. Just make sure to tape the leading edge or you won't have it on the car at the end of every session.
Thank you for your reply Josh and Tim. I thought I'd post this here due to the lack of message traffic in your regional message board. The rumor from our Comp board is our weekends should pretty much be in the same order. If it's the same for SFR, then this is what I was thinking:

First weekend in May at Laguna Seca:
First weekend in June at Fontana, for a unique Roval race, and possibly an enduro:
Labor day at Infineon:
Third weekend in October and series final at Buttonwillow.

Score would be based on the best six finishes, that way if someone wanted to only make one race out of region double it wouldn't kill their chances at a good result. Also as this would be an informal addition to the already scheduled regional, we'd simply give out a trophy/plaque at the end maybe during the our respective banquet's. I see it initally as low-key for bragging rights and trophy kind of event.

I did look at the numbers situation, it seems there's a few rental car guys taking up a good number of the numbers, and you don't have the ought numbers either. Having just been through this a couple of weeks ago with having three number 47's then two 97's before winding up with a 77 provided a fair bit of humor on the land-line, if you know the dry as a desert wind humor of Cal-Clubs flaggers then you'd know. Linda once told me that the Cal-Club flaggers motto was "Our resolve is flagging"