Thread: I Racing anyone else addicted to this?

Default I Racing anyone else addicted to this?

I Racing has the most realistic racing sim out there.
    Sebring is crazy right on with all the nasty bumps through 17.....it's nuts how realistic it is....anyone else playing?

Seat time without paying for tires or fuel!
    all they need is a FWD car .....lol

http://www.iracing.com/home.html
    Last edited by SATURNRACER; 10-23-2008 at 05:18 PM.
    O.B.
    97 Saturn Sc2
    95 Saturn Sc2 being built
    ITA. CFR
    www.saturnorlandonorth.com

iRacing is pretty much the only thing keeping me sane until I can get behind the wheel of a real race car again I'm working on getting my 3.0 rating so I can run the Advanced Solstice and a proper setup.

I assumed that it would be an electronic form of crack, and have managed to successfully stay away....so far...If I get hooked, it's YOUR fault OB
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

Talking

DUDE just do it......:026:
    it is amazing lol... $20.00 a month you get all the tracks we hit it's awesome!
    I might end up divorced over it but at least i'll have seat time...lol
    O.B.
    97 Saturn Sc2
    ITA. CFR

Jim, you are correct - it is an electronic form of crack.

I've got an iRacing setup too, but I'm just playing in "Test Car" mode. I've not joined a series or anything like that.

It is flat out awesome. Everyday I make some tweaks to the hardware and it gets more and more realistic. Good stuff and highly recommended.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by SATURNRACER View Post
    I Racing has the most realistic racing sim out there.
    Sebring is crazy right on with all the nasty bumps through 17.....it's nuts how realistic it is....anyone else playing?
    Alright John, where do you live? Jim and I will be over Sunday.

Ron, you live to far. Besides, I think you are going to be at some track somewhere getting wet this weekend. Or at least beer drunk.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Quote Originally Posted by its66 View Post
    I assumed that it would be an electronic form of crack, and have managed to successfully stay away....so far...If I get hooked, it's YOUR fault OB
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmarc63 View Post
    Ron, you live to far. Besides, I think you are going to be at some track somewhere getting wet this weekend. Or at least beer drunk.
    Yep, too far for an iRacing run. But you need to try it out. VIR is extremely well done on the sim and you can get some good practice in before you come up and drive!

You are right about getting wet it appears. Our crew man might lay some rain tires on my though so it could be no beer and some wet racing, we shall see.

R

I tried it, but it just got annoying/boring.

Yea, the simulation part of it is pretty cool, but the Solstice is a POS and not really that fun (for me) to drive. Its almost frustrating with its POS "almost unlimited slip" differential.

Also, the whole races once an hour deal is kind of a killer for me. If I decide to play a video game at 7:30pm, I can't. I have to wait until 8pm before a game starts. I don't have that kind of time to just "wait". This part is even worse if you get spun/crashed out of a game in turn1. You got an hour till the next race starts. No thanks.

Race 07 is a better "game" in my opinion, and especially for me racing an IT FWD car, the in-game physics respond like my car, rather then that POS Solstice.

Now if they added a FWD dynamics car and allowed races that started every time a room filled up with 10 people rather then once an hour, I'd come back.

Last but not least, all SCCA members get a 1 free month trial. Just remember to cancel the auto-renew option. They got me for another $20 that way, fackers.

-Tom
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

Race 07
    what is that?
    I agree the Solstice is a turd to drive but the Legends are not that bad.
    lol
    O.B.
    97 Saturn Sc2
    ITA. CFR

I was looking at this as an enhancement to my down time this winter and want to know what sort of pedals and wheel set up y'all are using. Want it to feel decent, but do not want to drop the cash that soem serious systems cost!

thanks,
    BB
    Brad
    1995 Mazda Miata (aka Black Betty)

Logitech,
    Reasonble and great feed back,
    I do not have the clutch pedal though. they have great service and always there to help if you have issues.
    O.B.
    97 Saturn Sc2
    ITA. CFR

The thing to remember with iRacing is that the Solstice is just a trainer. Once you have a safety rating of 3.0 you can jump into other cars and get away from all the hacks. For road racing you have Skip Barber, Formula Mazda, Radical, and a DP car, 1979 Lotus F1 car, Spec Racer Ford and a host of others are in the pipeline.

I have been doing this for a couple of months as well. It is the best sim I have ever driven, and the tracks that I know are just about perfect. It is a little spendy though. Especially if you purchase lots of extra content...which I haven't.

I think I am going to do the Legends weekly road racing series coming up.

You don't have to wait a hour to race now!!!!!! They just changed the schedule. Every half hour and the race is 50 laps can be pretty grueling you can race....you get 5 mins off the track.

Running the legends series is a blast!

Dana I was waiting for you to show.....had beer and brats and all....lol
    O.B.
    97 Saturn Sc2
    ITA. CFR