Ray (Blethen) was doing OK at the IT-Fest this summer, chasing me around in Quali, but then had a small electrical fire (never heard back on the resolution on that, I was guessing a ref sensor cooked after a wire got pinched maybe?) and was parked for the rest of the weekend.

I was looking long and hard at an S2 for ITR - cheaper, lighter, and easier to play with the motor than a 968 - but then something faster and (hopefully) about the same pricetag caught my eye... now all I gotta do is get a decent seed fund for this car. Suffice to say I've been talked out of the (relative) safety of a tin-top, for something far more challenging...

Ben - too bad you're too far away, I could definitely make an S2 or '68 fast for ya... even withouth resorting to shelling out money at Milledge! BTW, seriously, if you intend to build on: Diamond Pistons now has a pattern for new stock pistons, as we had 'em cut some for my buddy's S2, and they should be able to scale them up real easy for an overbore. Added bonus, they come with two sets of rings! Well, really, it's only one... just for a 928.

Oh, yeah - I wouldn't shell out the money for a 968 CS for an IT build any more than I would for an M030 car... the only thing worthwhile is a factory LSD, everything else that makes them lovely is gonna get replaced anyway, with proper race parts... M030 suspension is DEFINITELY NOT up to racing!!!