Thread: What Head & Neck Restraint System Are You Using and Why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am also an ISAAC user. As long as I continue to have that choice I will not wear anything else.

I believe it is the safest device currently on the market.

I don't have to worry about my belts coming off.
    I don't have to worry about the device trapping me in the car.
    I don't have to hope that my impact is straight on.
    I also believe in the physics....the longer period of time you have to decelerate the better.

I don't care what "all the pro guys use" because I believe there are other forces at play. Speaking of Forces, John Force lost Eric Medlin in a NASTY accident. He looked at the entire safety package, had other respected professionals in the industry work with him on changes to minimize the likelihood of a repeat tragedy. This is an outspoken man with connections and money. He is obligated to wear a SFI 38.1 device, and he doesn't wear a HANS.

There isn't a F1 driver on the grid that wears an off the shelf HANS. So, they aren't wearing a HANS like you or I would buy. Their head surrounds and seats are very well designed. They are much better supported in offset impacts that most any sedan driver I have ever seen. Their HANS devices are optimized for their head position and seating angle. Their harnesses are also spaced to reduce the likelihood of the harnesses coming off in an impact.

Slight hi-jack. There is an ISAAC Intermediate for sale in the classifieds on this forum. It is for sale because its' owner (me) is taking a hiatus from racing for a couple of years. I hate to see it sit all that time.
    Last edited by Daryl; 10-22-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Isaac. Numbers are better, mechanics are better, price was competitive, company gives a shit about its customers, no SFI payola/shakedown surcharge.

That an the lap dances.

K