Thread: VW body shell question

Default VW body shell question

1.6L motor, CIS, 4 speed, radiator support, tailights, 13's, brakes, front fenders/grill, and bumpers. What did I omit in building an '84 shell to a '79?
    Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp

Possibly dash.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

I think the wiring harness is a little different, since the 84 has the WOT switch and a few others, Actually think the entire fuse box was different.

I might be better off to keep the car in B and find a good tuner who knows the injection circuit. CIS is pretty easy to work on, start tossing in more electronics and my pea brain overheats.
    Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp