Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E36 thoughts? (man!, not much traffic here)...

I understand you wanting to build as I build my own cars. However, I suggest you look at these cars...probably the most developed e36s in the country. racingjunk add# 1292268, Chet Whittle's cars. Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

I have both of these cars listed on this site also in addition to racingjunk.com. The spares list is comprehensive.

G. Potts

Also note, these cars ran in 2006, at 1:40 and 1:39 BEFORE the track was resurfaced! Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Best cars for the money, I don’t think you can build a car chipper and faster than these cars for less, best of everything on these cars.
    I work on these cars for years from building it to the developed, long hours and hard work to get the speed out of them.
    Whit the good driver no question top runners whit the dissent driver top 3 cars.
    Two door or four door don't make a difference.
    Last edited by it7rx739; 10-20-2008 at 04:43 PM.
    Attila Lukacs -ITA/7 #39
    Woodstock, GA
    03-05 ARRC champ.
    03-08 Pro-it champ.
    RoadRunner Auto Repair & Racing
    770-720-2039
    RX7/3 parts & more
    https://www.roadrunnergarage.biz
    https://www.facebook.com/roadrunnergarage?fref=ts

You can lead a horse to water but.....

I should talk though, I want to build an E46.
    How smart is that?
    Last edited by Tom Donnelly; 10-20-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    Dang. 29 posts and nobody can answer my question? Are BMW guys always like this? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong car after all!

Bueller? Anyone?

which year if it matters and why, 2 or 4 door, 325 or 328? I know I need a manual, what is most competitive?
    I apologise again on going off topic. Get Chuck Stickley to build your motor and I doubt it will matter if you start with a M-50b25 or M-52b28. As I was saying before, the M-50 breaths better through the intake than the M-52 (see below) and has a more retrictive exhaust manifold so will see a larger gain in hp, so hp wise it's a toss up. The 2.8 will have a very slight advantage in torque, I'm not sure that it's worth the whole 100lbs though...

Now, if you're looking for a challenge, you should join us crazy's and build a Z3.....

Actually, since all of ITR had the process run on them I doubt there's a cars that's too far off target to really be hobbled. After all we aren't racing dynos are we.

The first two are of the M-52 manifold, note the plastic doesn't allow port matching, and the runners are narrow and skinier. The second two are the M-50, the runners are bigger and straighter, also note the orange gasket is the same size on both.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    I apologise again on going off topic. Get Chuck Stickley to build your motor and I doubt it will matter if you start with a M-50b25 or M-52b28. As I was saying before, the M-50 breaths better through the intake than the M-52 (see below) and has a more retrictive exhaust manifold so will see a larger gain in hp, so hp wise it's a toss up. The 2.8 will have a very slight advantage in torque, I'm not sure that it's worth the whole 100lbs though...

Now, if you're looking for a challenge, you should join us crazy's and build a Z3.....

Actually, since all of ITR had the process run on them I doubt there's a cars that's too far off target to really be hobbled. After all we aren't racing dynos are we.

The first two are of the M-52 manifold, note the plastic doesn't allow port matching, and the runners are narrow and skinier. The second two are the M-50, the runners are bigger and straighter, also note the orange gasket is the same size on both.
    Interesting... Thanks for the info... If it doesn't matter much, then maybe a 92 4dr 325 will be the ticket as can get donors around $2000, and will put all new bearings, bushings, struts, brakes etc and update the motor anyway.... What's chuck get for a motor build? (I assume .040 over, balanced etc.).