Rick:

As you are well aware by the level of prep that went into my cars, and the cars Anthony preps, there is a lot more to it than a basic rebuild.

Replacing the pistons is good but when he bored the block was a honing plate involved? Blueprinting the motor means more than just getting it to factory spec, there is quite a bit of difference in HP ratings between a "tight" and "loose" fitted motor.

Were all of the valves seated exactly the same, and were all of the valve springs matched, and the shims correct. The rules indicate the maximum compression you can generate is it?

With the CRX there are a couple legal camshafts was yours the proper choice for your motor.

I found after a LOT of DYNO Sessions was that the perverbial "port matching" of the intake made a unmesurable difference since they were very close from the factory

And finally, it sounds like you are not sure that your headers are correct, good headers are expensive and extremly important in both size and style (4-2-1, 4-1, longs, shorts, big tube or small).

As far as magic oils like Royal Purple, Redline etc, I have found since the first release of Mobil 1, it is absolutly the best performing, and most consistant product I have used, and has saved many a toasted motor. Beside you can pick up a carton at WalMart at the same time you pick up an inexpensive Fram filter and a 30 pack of Budweiser...

Hope that helps.

Tom