Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW Head and Neck Restraint Launching at PRI

Default NEW Head and Neck Restraint Launching at PRI

DefNder G70, the latest in head and neck restraints is launching at the PRI show in December.

This new device (SFI 38.1 certified) will offer racers the luxury of a high performance HNR at a price that will suite their budget.

Go to our website for more information and feel free to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

defNder tech

Interesting: The big question how much $$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by chewy8000; 10-09-2008 at 03:34 PM.
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

Quote Originally Posted by defNder tech View Post
    DefNder G70, the latest in head and neck restraints is launching at the PRI show in December.

This new device (SFI 38.1 certified) will offer racers the luxury of a high performance HNR at a price that will suite their budget.

Go to our website for more information and feel free to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

defNder tech
    And the website is?
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

http://www.defnder.com/index.htm

No info about testing only that is is soon to be SFI certified.
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Where is the testing data compared to the other units on the market?
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Are there any other pictures of it, or do we have to wait until it shown at PRI? I'd like to see some not so fancy pictures. The pictures that are there on the web site are cool and all, but they hide the "technical" side of it a bit. Which may be the point right now
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

The price on the defNder team issue will be $549.

Its performance is very comparible with the other high performance SFI38.1 devices. It shows consistent results in both frontal and 30deg. We would also prefer not to get into a performance numbers game with other manufacturers as we belive the numbers are so close to the other manufactures published performance data the numbers are not really of relavance.

Please excuse the pictures but we do want to leave something for the launch at the PRI.

We can assure you, you will not be dissapointed.

Regards,

defNder tech

I guess we are going to have to talk to there sales men @ PRI this year to find out.

I love that show.. but it is soo large you can never see everything.

All sorts of stuff in there... every year I get new ideas and new invetions to use on the race cars.

Last yeasr winners were protube, cartesian, and stage 8.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    I guess we are going to have to talk to there sales men @ PRI this year to find out.

I love that show.. but it is soo large you can never see everything.

All sorts of stuff in there... every year I get new ideas and new invetions to use on the race cars.

Last yeasr winners were protube, cartesian, and stage 8.
    This year the winner will be the defNder!!!

Its performance is very comparible with the other high performance SFI38.1 devices. It shows consistent results in both frontal and 30deg. We would also prefer not to get into a performance numbers game with other manufacturers as we belive the numbers are so close to the other manufactures published performance data the numbers are not really of relavance.
    Seriously? You want folks to choose your product to manage the loading and position of their head relative to their body, but don't want them to see the data that measures how well it does the job? It's not a performance numbers game, it may be in many situations a life or death game. Maybe I misunderstood and you want to wait until after the launch.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Every time I have tried to compare the numbers I find that unbiased equivalent data from an independent source is impossible to come by, even from the long established suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLill View Post
    Every time I have tried to compare the numbers I find that unbiased equivalent data from an independent source is impossible to come by, even from the long established suppliers.
    Would a peer-reviewed scientific paper qualify?
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Quote Originally Posted by gsbaker View Post
    Would a peer-reviewed scientific paper qualify?
    How can I answer that w/o knowing, Who did the study, who are the peers?

...We would also prefer not to get into a performance numbers game with other manufacturers as we belive the numbers are so close to the other manufactures published performance data the numbers are not really of relavance.

My Civic LX is close to the performance of my E46M3 as they both roll forward.

I think you should let the consumer decide what is relevant.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

We will release our testing data at around the PRI in a format that does not negatively reflect other manufactures data, as we connot make the comparison as we do not know without doing the tests ourselves that we are actually comparing the same apples and apples

When i say it is close that is exactly what i mean in context with what has been said below.

Although all the products have been tested to SFI38.1 protocols, the setup of each device can bring in variation that would account for the difference between our performacne and theirs. In the simplist terms, did each manufacture set their device up which closest represents the way a user would use the device under racing conditons. If not you as a racer could not expect the same performance out of the device when you used it and us as the the manufacturer could not expect to directly compare ours to their results.

If i am still not making sense then it would be the same as dyno testing your civic vs the M3 on two different days at two different dyno's. You still get the power and torque printouts for your cars but can they ever be compared when their performance is close enough that a varition in test setup, equipment calibration or atmospheric conditons could account for this variation and make yours better than his or his better than yours?

You have seen the other manufactures test figures so ours are within the margin of variation, which side, you will find out when we release them and be able to draw your own conclusions.

Regards,

defNder tech

Very interested... nice to see what appears to be an effective 38.1-compliant device, with a reasonable price! Will stay tuned...

Quick question.. you reference a feature labeled "Formfit Belts" - does this mean different/replacement shoulder belts? I'm a little unclear... looks like you have Impact shoulder belts there, do they come with the device and need to be installed? Or does this refer to the bright green portion of the device?
    Last edited by 924Guy; 10-10-2008 at 09:41 AM.
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

The formfit belts (part of the defNder) are underneath the "Impact Belts" or what ever belts you currently use.

The formfit belts are simply a set of 2' belts that join the lower half of the green section (stabiliser bar), beneath the Impact buckles, and the upper load carrying section that sits on your shoulders. The padding on the defNder has a pocket that these formfit belts feed through.

The formfit belts therfor take the shape of any shape and size torso and makes the defnder exceptionally comfortable. If you take a close look at image 1 on the website you can see the formfit belts on each side or at least where they loop through the lower end of the stabiliser bar section.

We will release more detailed individual pictures closer ot the PRI via our website. I have also tried to attache a picture but not sure how it will work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JimLill View Post
    How can I answer that w/o knowing, Who did the study, who are the peers?
    It's interesting that you would say that. Why would that be in issue?
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Any plans for FIA certification?
    Rob Thiele - BMW 328is ITR
    www.motorsportcollection.com

The defNder has been designed in accordance with the strict FIA guidelines, so we are confident that they will be accepting, at least in concept, with the defNder.

Other than that would have to satisfy any other requirements they might have which will be a result of a presentation of the defNder to them.

We will keep everybody informed as this process progresses.

Regards,

defNder tech