Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW Head and Neck Restraint Launching at PRI

Jake, absolutely nothing.
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Burchfield View Post
    Let me add a personal experience to the discussion....

I was asked by a manufacturer of a head restraint system to take delivery of said system and deliver it to the Delphi testing lab. I was asked to do this because I am about 30 minutes from the lab and the manufacturer was unable to be there(it was NONE of the systems being discussed here).

After arriving at Delphi, the technicians there took it form me and proceeded to attach it to the dummy on the sled. They related to me that, because they conduct these tests on a regular basis and are most familiar with the equipment, they would handle it thank you very much. I was able to watch them attach it to the dummy and then watch the test conducted. After the test, the system was put back in the box I brought it in and handed back to me.

As I read all the comments and discussion of how these things are tested, who might be able to have an impact on how the test is conducted, who might be able to do something funny to skew the test, or any other nefarious thing, that voice in the back of my head keeps saying "that isn't possible, the testing lab would never allow that to happen."

I also had the opportunity to hear some conversations of un-named major players in that room that gave me some insight as to why some things are the way they are. I must say it was a most informative day.
    Indeed, it was an informative day.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Default defNder team issue DETAILED PICS

As per many of the requests we have recieved we have added some individual detailed pics to the front page of our website.

ENJOY!!!

Test data available yet?
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Now that I see the concept in detail and the design, I'd like to see actual test data.

Looks like a HANS that could also help in side impacts.

-Tom
    ITA Integra | 05 Mazda3 | 03 Mini
    http://www.tomhoppe.com

Default team issue TEST DATA

The team issue test data will be posted on the testing page of the website before the PRI in Dec.

What we can tell you is the team issues neck tension was well below 300lbs in both frontal and 30deg during the SFI 38.1 certification.

Regards,

defNder tech.

Those appear to be competitive numbers. I look forward to seeing more data.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

The key here is that you get high performance from a device that is Budget Friendly.

We have not sacrificed performance to be able to offer the team issue at the price point of $ 549.99 excluding tax and shipping.

We believe every driver should have the same access to good neck protection, as every driver is going as fast as their money will let them.

Very nice... and still able to afford the SFI sticker at that price!!

I like the adjustable angle factor... sucks to need different devices for different cars!!!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Look forward to see it @ PRI. It might be a good idea to bring a seat and let people try it on to help sell it. It looks more cumbersome than a HANS. I like the ears to hold the belts in place, but they could get caught on those same belts during a quick exit. The price however is hard to beat.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

We will have a few free standing seats with harnesses and a two seater race car at PRI so there will be lots to try the team issue out on.

Hope to see you there!!!

Default defNder team issue TEST INFO

We have added the SFI certification info to our TESTING page of the website.

Please refresh if you do not see the testing info on the TESTING page.

Regards,

defNder tech