Thread: What flags REALLY mean

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What flags REALLY mean

Thought that this would be an entertaining discussion on the true (comic) meaning of flags. One I've read somewhere before was "Single yellow: Some jerk has spun/crashed/stalled ahead, but was kind enough to get off of the track".
    Now, for your input..................
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

Blue with yellow diagonal: There's a race going on, and you're not part of it... move over.

Black with orange ball: We're trying to save you some money... report to the pits.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

White flag: Surprise mobile chicane.

How is it a surprise if you have a white flag?
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Said entirely in jest and taken from the notes that I use when giving the classroom lecture at DE events.
    Yellow (standing) There will be something interesting to look at around the next corner,slowing down is optional.

Yellow (waving) There will be something interesting to look at around the next corner and you CAN get close to it, make sure that you get a good target fixation going.

Meatball Your car is a piece of shit, (probably British) and the finest quality parts ARE falling off.

Blue The wanker in the Corvette is finally on one of the straights and will be passing you so that he can park in the next corner throwing away all your momentum.

Red Said with Jim Ignatowski's (from Taxi) voice "Alex, why are all these cars stopped on the race track."

Debris Chez Summit (the concession stand at Summit Point) WILL be serving "meat surprise" at lunch today.

Checker You won the race.

As you can see I try to keep it light and fresh.
    cheers
    Dave Parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Ginsberg and I were at the Richmond go-kart track. He was on my bumper for10-12 laps. We were having a good race. They continued to give me the blue flag. Then they gave us BOTH black flags. When I stopped they said "We kept giving you the blue flag, you HAVE to move out of the way when we give you the blue flag". I then began to give them a few choice words and haven't been back since.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures