Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VIR -- What the Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by jmark View Post
    Greg Ira ran a 2:16.8 in ECR 2 in the #30 ITS 240Z.
    I know that Kent Thompson ran in the high 17's, but it was only 1 lap in the SARRC. The average lap was high 2:19s or low 20s. Very slow track....
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

You WERE lapping the red car, riiiight Jeff?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Steve, I am looking at the SARRC results sheet and Kent was at 2:19.4 in the race.

Nobody was in the 2:18s. Weird.

Jake, yessir! LOL.......I started DFL (36th) because I didn't qualify in the rain on Saturday. I had just caught the 4/5/6th place ITS cars when we got the checkers, a few more laps and I would have had 4th. Didn't have anything for Perry/Thompson/Spillman, even though I've run 2:19.4 at VIR (last May).

Did you DOUBT me?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Thanks for the info guys. Just loading up now for the 13hr and wanted a benchmark. We have named the car TW pronounced T-Dub (as in train wreck) After finding this week that the car and motor harness were altered it has been an adventure. Saturday at VIR was the first time I ever rolled a car back in the trailer and went home. I guess if it makes all 13 we can just leave it at the track!!
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I was real sorry to see that...you and Kent and Mr. Perry would have put on a good show.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

We hit (or were hit by) an SRF in the early laps of the CCPS. It looked like he was leaving room for the pass, then drove over our nose and spun off course. I never did find out which one it was. The battery died on the recorder, so no video.
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

Is MyLaps up?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Steve, I am looking at the SARRC results sheet and Kent was at 2:19.4 in the race.

Jake, yessir! LOL.......I started DFL (36th) because I didn't qualify in the rain on Saturday. I had just caught the 4/5/6th place ITS cars when we got the checkers, a few more laps and I would have had 4th. Didn't have anything for Perry/Thompson/Spillman, even though I've run 2:19.4 at VIR (last May).

Did you DOUBT me?
    Are the results posted somewhere?

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Rob, I haven't seen one. I had the hard copy of the SARRC results somewhere, but can't find that right now either...
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Results for the ECR's are up on sedivecr.com

Mylaps is up, but no results on NCR's site yet.
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

What... no pics of the Honda that out qualified most of the Z's (in the rain) only to miss shift 1 and drop to the back of the pack in the race (btw, thanks to everyone for missing me!)?

Guy (SRF) comes from TWO cars back to divebomb BOTH cars on a short straight leading to a hard braking zone at the first or second slowest corner on the track. NICE.

By the way, those two SMs were running I think 4th and 5th while the SRF was 10ish. NICE again.

Man I wish that they had left us (ITS) in that group!
    I actually got the opportunity to drive a SRF last weekend, and I can honestly say they require a LOT of track time to master (well more than the 4 or 5 laps I had in the car). They have extreemly close ratio steering, excellent braking and awesome throttle response. Not to mention the open wheel thing.

Since most of my the setup advice I received was "take care of it, we need it in the 13 hour race" I just drove gingerly for the few laps I had in the car... trying to absorb all of the above information. However, I will tell you that BMW looked like a Semi Truck coming at me!

hoop
    Last edited by iambhooper; 11-01-2008 at 09:26 PM.
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iambhooper View Post
    I actually got the opportunity to drive a SRF last weekend, and I can honestly say they require a LOT of track time to master (well more than the 4 or 5 laps I had in the car). They have extreemly close ratio steering, excellent braking and awesome throttle response. Not to mention the open wheel thing.
    SRF's are sports racers. Non-production-based, yes; open wheel, no.

Jeff... Sorry about that. It was the CCPS race, not the SARRC, when Kent turned a 2:17.4.. I was looking over Ralphs shoulder at the stopwatch. But that was a one time deal. The rest of his laps seemed to be in the 20's.

I gather from the results on Mylaps that Stauffers team beat Ampro (Thompson/Weddington) for the CCPS Championship? I was still very unclear about it when we leftthe track....

Did you DOUBT me?
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Quote Originally Posted by iambhooper View Post
    What... no pics of the Honda that out qualified most of the Z's (in the rain) only to miss shift 1 and drop to the back of the pack in the race (btw, thanks to everyone for missing me!)?

I actually got the opportunity to drive a SRF last weekend, and I can honestly say they require a LOT of track time to master (well more than the 4 or 5 laps I had in the car). They have extreemly close ratio steering, excellent braking and awesome throttle response.

hoop
    Imagine your first drive in one that you found later (as you decided SOMETHING was odd) had a shot tie rod, AND a shot rear toe link. Man, quick ratio steering and variable toe at both ends! The thing wanted to spin on the straight! Quite the introduction...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Imagine your first drive in one that you found later (as you decided SOMETHING was odd) had a shot tie rod, AND a shot rear toe link. Man, quick ratio steering and variable toe at both ends! The thing wanted to spin on the straight! Quite the introduction...
    man that had to suck. they are tough enough to drive as is. so did you take one lap and park it? the car i drove was profesionally maintained and one of the most competetive cars in the SE... of course, i quickly turned it into an ITC ride
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish57 View Post
    I gather from the results on Mylaps that Stauffers team beat Ampro (Thompson/Weddington) for the CCPS Championship? I was still very unclear about it when we leftthe track....
    I guess I was wrong about that one. Ampro beat Salted Slug by 1 point for the ITS CCPS championship. Complete CCPS results are up. http://carolinacupproseries.com/about.html
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX