Under current protocols, I *think* that the ITAC is very unlikely to recommend anything like those examples. In fact, we've talked about taking those "line item" exceptions out of the books for the very reason that they might be perceived as setting precedents that we aren't able to follow at this point but it's challenging to take back something that's made it into the rules.

(Remember that any opinions expressed on stuff like this are mine alone. The only official ITAC position is that represented by recommendations to the BoD.)

In terms of solutions to the manufacturing question, I'd start with a local machine shop. Or look in your nearest actual city for someone that does "metal casting," and work from there. If you're talking about non-ferrous parts (AL alloy drums rather than cast FE), there are some new technologies emerging that speed the design-to-production cycle.

http://www.zcorp.com/Solutions/Casti...lds/spage.aspx

This might be a good project for a consortium of Z-car enthusiasts to pursue. Certainly, the street car market can't be too far behind you guys, in terms of needing parts. It's possible to build a 1969 Camaro out of new parts nowadays, so if the volume is there to support it, there are probably answers.

Remember that, as harsh as it sounds, the Club has no obligation to make it cheap to race whatever each of us might choose to drive. Your solution might be spendy but it's out there.

K