Well, I haven't written/proposed anything yet (probably won't get a round tuit until after the 13 Hour, as I'd like to speak face-to-face with several folks during the day for feedback, as well as review other cage deisgns that are there), but I'm going to propose a minimum requirement of two whole bars; definitely on the driver's side, undecided on the passenger side (Richie's wreck really spooked me, though).

But, to answer your question, I'd tentatively say "yes".

First note: what I'm seeing on your tubes is not what I'd call a "gusset". In my mind, a "gusset" is a plate welded within and in the same plane as the angle of the tubes, and its purpose is to strengthen the tubes between each other in a bending moment. What I would describe your cage as having is a "reinforcing plate". I just read the GCR definition of "gusset" (see below) and I suggest it concurs (though I recognize this interpretation can differ among reasonable people).

If we require two tubes in the door, a problem arises with reinforcing plates, as in yours: there's really no way to verify that there's two tubes in there. Further, even if there is only one continuous tube in there, I believe that adding those plates does reinforce the structure to be at least as strong in tension as two tubes. As a result, the proposed rule will need to be worded such that these reinforcing plates are allowed in lieu of two bars, or the plates must not be allowed at all to visibly obscure the existence of two bars. Just something to think about prior to submission.

Greg

GCR Definition (emphasis mine):

Gusset - A brace generally formed by attaching, by welding, a plate at near the junction of two structural beams or tubes, providing reinforcement particularly in the plane including the tubes and the plate.